plus and minus and … what else

For what's not in 'Top Priority Game Design'. Post your ideas, visions, suggestions for the game, rules, modifications, etc.

Moderator: Oberlus

stpa
Space Kraken

Re: plus and minus and … what else

#31 Post by stpa »

Geoff the Medio wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:48 pm
stpa wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:44 pmno copyright
To be clear, there is copyright involved. You're licensing the font from Google under the Apache 2 license, modifying it, and then re-releasing it youself the same license. Apparently Apache 2 can't be re-released under CC-BY-SA 3.0, so I guess that's why we put the font LICENSE file in there as well.
as i stated somewhere else already (maybe i should put that as a footer for future posts…), "I release the screenshots in this thread and all code & other contributions under GPL v2 (or compatible licence, at the discretion of the FreeOrion team)" so i'm fine with what you said as long as i dont have to care about the finer legal points and as long as this is not some gross breach of any etiquette or someone cries Stop Dont Do That ..

LienRag
Cosmic Dragon

Re: plus and minus and … what else

#32 Post by LienRag »

stpa wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:01 pm that would count as fullfilling at least the spirit of those terms and conditions.
Though fulfilling the spirit of those terms and conditions would probably be sufficient if a well-meaning and understanding copyright owner was to ask for compliance, following the letter of the terms and conditions is what protects against ill-meaning copyright owners.
A small project like FreeOrion could be totally destroyed if it makes itself a target to copyright trolls (or just angry and dishonest lawyers).