Amalgamation of certain situation report filters as secondary drop down boxes

For what's not in 'Top Priority Game Design'. Post your ideas, visions, suggestions for the game, rules, modifications, etc.

Moderator: Oberlus

Daybreak
Vacuum Dragon

Amalgamation of certain situation report filters as secondary drop down boxes

#1 Post by Daybreak »

At a certain point you can no longer choose certain items within the filters for situation reports. For example gas generator hints, (Labeled Custom at top of filters) which you may not build due to the dislikes it creates.

Many of the items could belong to a secondary popout dropdown (hanging off the first), which would reduce the size of the first filter dropdown.

For example
Ancient Ruins
Ground Battle
Planet
Orbitasl Drydock
Etc

List
Situation Report Filters.png
Situation Report Filters.png (119.36 KiB) Viewed 1593 times

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

Re: Amalgamation of certain situation report filters as secondary drop down boxes

#2 Post by Vezzra »

That's an UI issue that probably deserves a github issue. Can you open one and put a link to it here?

Daybreak
Vacuum Dragon

Re: Amalgamation of certain situation report filters as secondary drop down boxes

#3 Post by Daybreak »

Long answer - I would like to say yes, but visited github, and was immediately lost. I tried to look around and even tried to create a pull request, but THUD, that noise was me hitting the bottom of the well after a very long WTH.

short answer - Its beyond me, and hope some kind sole will do it for me, or give me some very detailed instructions.

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#4 Post by Oberlus »

Daybreak wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 12:29 am hope some kind sole will do it for me, or give me some very detailed instructions.
Let's try :)

Go to https://github.com/freeorion/freeorion/issues
Click on the green button "New issue" (to the right).
What you are asking for here is about new features rather than a bug, so press on "Get started" in the "Feature request" row.
Now fill up each of the sections to describe your feature request:
- The tittle would be the same as for this thread.
- Enclosed by "<!--" and "-->" are comments that won't show in, you can delete all that.
- Remember to put the link to this thread in the Discussion section.

And finaly, press on the green button "Submit new issue".