Planets with only a single organism on them

For what's not in 'Top Priority Game Design'. Post your ideas, visions, suggestions for the game, rules, modifications, etc.

Moderator: Oberlus

ErikAlbert
Space Floater

#16 Post by ErikAlbert »

If you want to go by biomass, bacteria wins.

By species . insects probably.

marhawkman
Large Juggernaut

#17 Post by marhawkman »

NOT THE POINT! but anyways... "dominant lifeform" arguements aside. Cool idea. I wonder what would happen if you merged this with the "uplift" idea... :shock:
Computer programming is fun.

MikkoM
Space Dragon

#18 Post by MikkoM »

Well, of course it could spread to other planets as well, but what I originally thought was that this could be a kind of a neutral special, as I think it is easier to come up with negative and positiv specials than neutral ones. It would limit the planets population, but give you a research bonus.

Now if the organism would spread to other planets then it would be more like a negative special as you would have to worry about how to limit its expansion.

eleazar
Design & Graphics Lead Emeritus

#19 Post by eleazar »

Krikkitone wrote:unless we are doing things like Psionics... in which case the creature may rely on Space Age civs landing on it to take them over and get itself planted on other Worlds)
Or you could transplant it on purpose to an enemy's world, where it would choke out a significant part of their population. Of course, they could then transplant it on their enemy's planets.... leading to weird biological warfare. The giant fungus (or whatever) could only live on a particular type of world.

winter leaf
Space Floater

Re: Planets with only a single organism on them

#20 Post by winter leaf »

I like this idea,some things to think about:

Given its massive size,It should make living space hard to find in a place that isn't on this rare being.I'm thinking the decrease should be around 60%.Also,about it spreading,it could be a rare occurance that the player or enemy should have no control over.

Hope my ideas are ok,but it's perfectly fine if they arent :)
|I enclose this message in a text box|
Also( YES,not in a text box ) I release graphics,code,and other things under the licences used by this forum. :)

winter leaf
Space Floater

#21 Post by winter leaf »

Oh,just realised its been over 8 years since the last post. :lol:
|I enclose this message in a text box|
Also( YES,not in a text box ) I release graphics,code,and other things under the licences used by this forum. :)

Chriss
Dyson Forest

#22 Post by Chriss »

Yes. And there is a special called lonely traveler or so which is kinda like this. It's a Planet with a special which gives a research bonus to all OTHER planets in the system as long as the planet with the special is uninhabited.
Attached patches are released under GPL 2.0 or later.