War sabotage/options brainstorm

For what's not in 'Top Priority Game Design'. Post your ideas, visions, suggestions for the game, rules, modifications, etc.

Moderator: Oberlus

Strategyman
Space Squid

War sabotage/options brainstorm

#1 Post by Strategyman »

Heres a quick or maybe long brainstorm of war sabatoge/options well i think we should get down on these two things fori have not seen them mentioned on brainstorm ever forgive me if this was already decided but here i go.

1. brain control- brain control is a vvery risky operation where you have to be very carefull and have to research backround of person and culture etc.. in brian control if succesfull the other faction could greatly bend the war to their favor if they are sucesfull in brian controling a important person or persons or turning a low social person into a high social status that could have some affect. You could stop a enemy in their tracks bye just shuting down a large weapon comercial to ship yard sabotage but this can be very unlikely and brain control is a thing to be patient on and can take up to 1-2 years before you can affect the war with that person or persons and is a very delicate situation where there must be a control at the command center 24 7 or with shifts. AI controllers are to risky and will always be risky to use due to lack of adaption but maybe if race is very very very advanced in the production of computer AI's it could be possible either than that living breathing and smart workers should always control the controlled.

Well heres my idea hope for creative ideas to come out and im looking to the long discussion ahead :D

Strategyman
Space Squid

Re: War sabotage/options brainstorm

#2 Post by Strategyman »

2. Nano viruses- Microscopic nano viruses are very high tech and can be dangerous to the users if not used correctly. In general there are two types of nano viruses number 1: Body obstruction virus- this nano virus is one where the nanos (atleast 3) enter the enemies bodyy and generaly eats or obstructs the insides of that species and are cost effective because they don't explode but kill the target then move on to the next. number 2: Explosion virus- this nano virus enters the targets body and 3 of them enter they first position them selves the first one goes to the brain the second to the heart and the third to the lungs then explode and no one will notice what happened until they take a x-ray. these nano bots are released from the ship droped from a highly stable crates only 3 crates are needed to destory the most huge planets.

Pasi
Space Squid

#3 Post by Pasi »

And then there would be a counter-tech nano-virus-injections and later on nano-virus-immunity :wink:
I'm not a programmer... but I play one at Microsoft!

Strategyman
Space Squid

#4 Post by Strategyman »

Darnit i wanted my nano-bots to have non-stop rampages damn those humanity organizations.......

Pasi
Space Squid

#5 Post by Pasi »

Strategyman wrote:Darnit i wanted my nano-bots to have non-stop rampages damn those humanity organizations.......
"For every action, there's a reaction" :lol:
I'm not a programmer... but I play one at Microsoft!

pd
Graphics Lead Emeritus

#6 Post by pd »

How does all this actually relate to freeOrion? How does it fit in? How can one use it? What effect does XYZ have on Race A when used by Race B? On what level does this stuff apply? Space combat? Empire level? Is it some espionage techniques?

If you don't apply you ideas to the game itself and try to figure out how the game mechanics could be effected, they are pretty much useless. I mean, what does it mean that brain control is a risky operation? How can one be careful? Same for the viruses, how can they not be used correctly? Why are there at least 3?

You are making this stuff up as if you'd want to write a short story, but you don't relate to the game and most of your reasoning is only shallow.

Btw, your signature should say 'Never shoot something.'