Small yet important tool.

For what's not in 'Top Priority Game Design'. Post your ideas, visions, suggestions for the game, rules, modifications, etc.

Moderator: Oberlus

mugsy69
Krill Swarm

Small yet important tool.

#1 Post by mugsy69 »

Like MOO3, I believe FreeOrion needs an alarm clock and/or a time reminder. It was the feature I needed most in MOO2, but didn't have and it was my favorite feature of MOO3. Anybody who has a job (unfortunately not me right now) knows how precious that little 'It's 8:00, Go to Work' alarm is. I've looked around the forums and haven't found anything mentioning this, but I think it's very important. If the game allows you to immerse yourself in it, and I believe FO will be that way, then it is WAY too easy to lose track of time. Anyway, there's my two cents for the day.

Jon

guiguibaah
Creative Contributor

alarm

#2 Post by guiguibaah »

Seconded
There are three kinds of people in this world - those who can count, and those who can't.

skdiw
Creative Contributor

#3 Post by skdiw »

We are doing a giant comet that flashes across the galaxy map. I think it is being implemented already for v.1 (see arts/graphics thread), but not sure.
:mrgreen:

Sidewalker
Space Floater

#4 Post by Sidewalker »

No, it is better to make flashing message "You have 2 minutes to save and quit!". And if player didn't do it, the game crashes and leaves message flashing "All your base are belong to us!" :D
zzz...zzzz....zzzzz..... Ahem! 8-0 Who's there?!

Impaler
Creative Contributor

#5 Post by Impaler »

Yes that sound even better, an automatic save and quit timer.

At any time the player can activate the "NO you can not have 1 more Turn Clock" and it ticks down and cant be stoped. When it runs out the game is saved and the program automaticaly exits. This could totaly revolutionize gaming and alow us to actualy have lives!!
Fear is the Mind Killer - Frank Herbert -Dune

tzlaine
Programming Lead Emeritus

#6 Post by tzlaine »

I'm putting in a tool that runs "cd /; rm -rf" as the root user when the timer goes off. If this is too technical for you, just trust me -- I know what I'm doing.

skdiw
Creative Contributor

#7 Post by skdiw »

Mind as well as do rm * for those load and reload cheaters!!
:mrgreen:

Sidewalker
Space Floater

#8 Post by Sidewalker »

format c: /y should do it too :lol:
zzz...zzzz....zzzzz..... Ahem! 8-0 Who's there?!

utilae
Cosmic Dragon

#9 Post by utilae »

What about an mp3 player?