Battles, battles and MORE battles ! Turn based vs real time.

For what's not in 'Top Priority Game Design'. Post your ideas, visions, suggestions for the game, rules, modifications, etc.

Moderator: Oberlus

Thumper
Space Kraken

#166 Post by Thumper »

discord wrote:thumper: basicly we are proposing the same thing, although i do think i pointed out how to actualy make it a tad bit more implementable....

//discord
You mean by being abole to edit the Battle Plans outside of the game? I've been proposing that right along.

The game would come with a basic Battle Plan that you can alter durinf game play and save as a new Battle Plan. You can have multiple Battle Plans. You can Edit Battle Plans uning your favorate editor.

I also proposed something similar for Build Plans.
http://www.geocities.com/thumperfo/RTF_ ... r_V002.rtf

Note this is a LARGE file... ~330KB.

Thumper

discord
Space Kraken

#167 Post by discord »

no, actualy you could not 'save' a improvised battle plan, it would have to be to complex a system for that(actualy, i dont think you could improvise a plan like that at all, to much micro....atleast as i proposed and make everything real time...)

//discord

Thumper
Space Kraken

#168 Post by Thumper »

discord wrote:no, actualy you could not 'save' a improvised battle plan, it would have to be to complex a system for that(actualy, i dont think you could improvise a plan like that at all, to much micro....atleast as i proposed and make everything real time...)

//discord
Think outside of the box... :D

In SP you COULD have a LEARN mode that would create a BP and then you could save that BP and ABLE-ONE or whatever.

OR you could just use a step-by-step approach to creating BPs within a BP editor within the game.

Thumper

discord
Space Kraken

#169 Post by discord »

well...since as i can see it, it would be impossible to create a battle plan on the fly, it would have to be pre scripted, i cant see how it would be possible(or useful) to save something that cant be done?

ergo, a 'battle planner' inteface would be needed.

//discord