Thoughts after my first play in several years

For what's not in 'Top Priority Game Design'. Post your ideas, visions, suggestions for the game, rules, modifications, etc.

Moderator: Oberlus

Bigjoe5
Designer and Programmer

Re: Thoughts after my first play in several years

#31 Post by Bigjoe5 »

marhawkman wrote:so is there any word on why AI HWs have such idiotically high stealth values?
I'm only observing AI homeworlds with a stealth of 40. What was the exact stealth of the planets you observed?
Warning: Antarans in dimensional portal are closer than they appear.

Zireael
Space Dragon

#32 Post by Zireael »

5k stealth homeworld probably belonged to Super Testers. I have seen it once myself...

marhawkman
Large Juggernaut

#33 Post by marhawkman »

all of them that I've seen were like that. I can't see why. I don't have sight of the planets except during combat.
Computer programming is fun.

unjashfan
Creative Contributor

#34 Post by unjashfan »

all my Planets seem to get a stealth bonus of +100 for EACH cultural archives I control.

so is there any word on why AI HWs have such idiotically high stealth values?
The stealth seems to be ridiculously high because all the planets gain +100 stealth for each cultural archive in the whole map, regardless if they are visible or not. This includes native populations that have cultural archives as well as each of the AIs in the game. You also don't have to control that planet to get the boost (I think this was overlooked). The unknown factor that adds to the stealth is actually the bonus coming from all those archives. As you uncover the archived planets, you will notice that the total stealth doesn't change; the info box will list each of those boosts from those planets. Because of this, if you want to play a game where you can actually take over the AIs, you'll have to check the stealth value your homeworld has and make sure it's 775 or less (max detection possible is ravenous hull + sensors = 825; possible laenfa population: -50). You can change the native density if the stealth is too high.

eleazar
Design & Graphics Lead Emeritus

#35 Post by eleazar »

unjashfan wrote:
all my Planets seem to get a stealth bonus of +100 for EACH cultural archives I control.

so is there any word on why AI HWs have such idiotically high stealth values?
The stealth seems to be ridiculously high because all the planets gain +100 stealth for each cultural archive in the whole map, regardless if they are visible or not. This includes native populations that have cultural archives as well as each of the AIs in the game.
Cultural archives on native planets, and (i'm pretty sure) the stealth bonus have been removed. Both were very temporary measures.