all the techs from moo 1 and moo2

For what's not in 'Top Priority Game Design'. Post your ideas, visions, suggestions for the game, rules, modifications, etc.

Moderator: Oberlus

Master of Orion III
Space Krill

all the techs from moo 1 and moo2

#1 Post by Master of Orion III »

look for techs under http://www.moo3.at/moo1/technologies.php

and for moo 2
http://www.moo3.at/moo2/technologies.php

moo 2 jump gate and time warp rule :D
Antaren x ovnership

Prokonsul Piotrus
Space Kraken

#2 Post by Prokonsul Piotrus »

A very useful reference indeed. Anybody knows similar pages for SMAC, HoI, SE or Stars?

I can upload SMAC and HoI txt files to my website if we cannot find anything better on the web.

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

#3 Post by Geoff the Medio »

Prokonsul Piotrus wrote:I can upload SMAC and HoI txt files to my website if we cannot find anything better on the web.
You might want to consider whether you're violating copyright laws by doing that. Same with posts like this: viewtopic.php?p=16691#16691

Tieom
Space Krill

#4 Post by Tieom »

For SMAC at least I highly doubt it's against copyright - Any SMAC modification that adds technologies (and many of them do) include a complete copy of the textfile that contains all of those description thingies, plus the entire online help-file, plus the short and long descriptions of each tech. Seeing as Firaxis hasn't made any move to have the mod community shut down, I'd say it's legal.

Master of Orion III
Space Krill

what laws new orion laws

#5 Post by Master of Orion III »

hah i i not afraid of the new orions and there harversters gamma
that winned moo3 with antaran x ownership,if you look close in
the intro the antatrans nown as new orions,destoryed the Mrrshans
even the darlok where destroyed that they searched for the antaren x
not even in death they will not reveal the secrets of the creator that
create the antarens,even the Alkari were wiped out, and even Bulrathi
were wiped out and also the elirians that were destoryed by the mind
worm incicent,even in dead that races not revealed there secrets
of creators of antarans,if you master the secrets of orion,you are worthy
to be the master of orion
Antaren x ovnership

Prokonsul Piotrus
Space Kraken

#6 Post by Prokonsul Piotrus »

Geoff the Medio wrote:
Prokonsul Piotrus wrote:I can upload SMAC and HoI txt files to my website if we cannot find anything better on the web.
You might want to consider whether you're violating copyright laws by doing that. Same with posts like this: viewtopic.php?p=16691#16691
Well, both games have mods that use and modify that data, and are availalbe at several unofficial websites that never (to my knowledge) had any problems with copyvio. I wouldn't worry about reproducing such small parts, especially in a forum. Same could be said that anybody using terms Antares or Psilons (aren't they copyrighted names after all?) for example is doing this ;p

OT: The copyright dragon is killing itself. It alredy cannot control many things on the net yet it tries to stiffen the laws. Let's all pray it dies soon, for the good of mankind...

Aquitaine
Lead Designer Emeritus

#7 Post by Aquitaine »

It's a gray area, but the FreeOrion policy on the subject dictates that we do not use any material from other games. So I'm not looking at any of that stuff. If we end up with 'Bionic Farms' and some other game has 'Bionic Farms,' big deal, but I would ask that we don't go out of our way to post links to that sort of thing.
Surprise and Terror! I am greeted by the smooth and hostile face of our old enemy, the Hootmans! No... the Huge-glands, no, I remember, the Hunams!