Should FO be geared toward AIs or MP?

For what's not in 'Top Priority Game Design'. Post your ideas, visions, suggestions for the game, rules, modifications, etc.

Moderator: Oberlus

How will you play FO?

I will play amost exclusively with AIs
55%
I will play around 2/3 with AIs, and 1/3 in MP
19%
I will play around 1/2 with AIs and 1/2 in MP
14%
I will play around 1/3 with Ais and 2/3 with MP
5%
I will play amost exclusively in MP
8%

Total votes: 64

Zeno
Space Floater

#16 Post by Zeno »

I thought of a strange thing: what about having at least one AI empire in every MP game? Mixed AI and human players would certainly make things interesting!

Mystiqq
Space Kraken

#17 Post by Mystiqq »

I think AI rarely has been as much fun to play against than human player, recommend putting more stuff in the multiplayer instead of AI.
CHAT!!!! irc://irc.freenode.org:6667/freeorion

Prokonsul Piotrus
Space Kraken

#18 Post by Prokonsul Piotrus »

I have to admit I am amazed that there is such a large preference for AIs. I have never found an AI that was half as enjoyable as a real (human) opponent. Please tell me which 4X games have such great AIs?

Daveybaby
Small Juggernaut

#19 Post by Daveybaby »

I think its more a case of: the vast majority of us dont have enough spare time to commit to an MP turn based strategy game. So we have no real choice but to play SP. So we want a good AI over human players.
The COW Project : You have a spy in your midst.

noelte
Juggernaut

#20 Post by noelte »

Daveybaby wrote:I think its more a case of: the vast majority of us dont have enough spare time to commit to an MP turn based strategy game. So we have no real choice but to play SP. So we want a good AI over human players.
Second! :-)
Press any key to continue or any other key to cancel.
Can COWs fly?

skdiw
Creative Contributor

#21 Post by skdiw »

Prokonsul Piotrus wrote:I have to admit I am amazed that there is such a large preference for AIs. I have never found an AI that was half as enjoyable as a real (human) opponent. Please tell me which 4X games have such great AIs?
I thought GalCiv got good AI
Daveybaby wrote:I think its more a case of: the vast majority of us dont have enough spare time to commit to an MP turn based strategy game. So we have no real choice but to play SP. So we want a good AI over human players.
Yeah, unless there was a way to streamline MP, I think most ppl will go with SP, as the polls indicated.
:mrgreen: