New Tech Name Submissions

Species suggestions, story ideas and contributions.
labgnome
Juggernaut

New Tech Name Submissions

#1 Post by labgnome »

So I had some positive response to my idea for re-structuring the tech tree here. However this will require the addition of a number of new "theory" techs. I am not the best at coming up with names, and in order not to completely exhaust myself mentally, I though I would take up suggestions, as I will need a lot. Keep in mind these technology should be theoretical prerequisites, not technologies with immediate applications. They will not boost anything, or unlock any buildings, ships or parts. They will only unlock new technologies. Please also say what branch you want your tech/techs idea to be in.

Also if you want to put in a fluff description of your tech idea here that would also be cool.
  • 4 or 5 techs for the Construction branch
  • 4 or 5 techs for the Production branch
  • 2 or 3 techs for the Growth branch
  • 1 or 2 techs for the Knowledge branch
  • Possibly: 6 or 7 techs for the Intelligence branch
  • Possibly: 6 or 7 techs for the Defense branch
So that's 11 to 29 techs in all. Keep in mind these don't have to be perfect,and we can re-name things later for whatever reason. We just need something to call these new techs (if they happen).
All of my contributions should be considered released under creative commons attribution share-alike license, CC-BY-SA 3.0 for use in, by and with the Free Orion project.

Morlic
AI Contributor

Re: New Tech Name Submissions

#2 Post by Morlic »

It would help if you could roughly sketch what you already have. With a tree like you suggested, it would make most sense if the theory techs are closely related to the application/bonus techs. (N-dimensional theory makes much more sense to have as theoretical prerequisite to N-dimensional structures as it does for microbiology stuff)
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0

labgnome
Juggernaut

Re: New Tech Name Submissions

#3 Post by labgnome »

At the moment what I already have is basically what's in the tech tree now. This is mostly to create a skeleton to restructure the existing techs around. I was mostly going to cast a wide net, look at what already exists, then re-work as necessary. If you like I can re-post the image for the concept in this thread for reference.
All of my contributions should be considered released under creative commons attribution share-alike license, CC-BY-SA 3.0 for use in, by and with the Free Orion project.