species #3 from the master list - Khakturian

Species suggestions, story ideas and contributions.
stpa
Space Kraken

Re: species #3 from the master list - Khakturian

#16 Post by stpa »

yeah i know just troops and wont colonize. and only the smallest possible unit of troops. and not many and with low spawnrate. and wont be a game changer, even in the beginning, is just not so many troops in there and wont be found very often. the thing is, i was thinking back to CIV in the olden days, where you got either gold or your scout got eaten by the natives or you got another free colonist .. maybe mixing several games up there, but .. is like a dragon tooth, but without the teeth, got thorny spikes instead ^^ and the naming scheme of the previous DERELICT_2 and DERELICT_3 was kind of challanging me to a _4 .. so. stretching my fingers a little on the keyboard. latest addition is documented in the pr and has nothing really to do with this species here but i'll attach the screenshot anyay, generic listing of all occurances of fieldtypes clickable in pedia page centers on map.

and i was thinking .. i'd like sooooo many more natives, and more options for the universe creation to properly set them up, and soooo many more species, that i'll have to play a couple games before seeing the same native species again. well, maybe thats too many, but .. is not enough already ;) i.m.h.op. that is. maybe i'll think up some way to make generic species with different attributes according to random seed - would have to make sure that genericly seeded species would balance out somehow. oh well, fo has been here for some time, and i hope it'll stay for some time still to come, so ... neverending story i guess
Attachments
clickable field list.png
clickable field list.png (440.99 KiB) Viewed 1072 times

stpa
Space Kraken

#17 Post by stpa »

LienRag wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:02 pm Obviously, another way would be to have Khakturians (and only them) actually replace the invaded planet's population; I don't know if the backend allows that though.
well i was thinking more along the lines of adjusting the khakturian troop bonus according to invaded planet type - and no they are never ment to colonize. dumb plants after all, invasive weed, import restrictions bla bla, but .. maybe their groundtroopattackbonus only works on desert worlds and gets a malus everywhere else.

some of the upcoming species after >#5 maybe, and yeah i know the list was just something someone made up, but it was a really nice starting point and is not hewn in stone or anything, and sure there will be controversial traits or specieses and the naming is difficult to agree upon i gathered that already ... well in botanics / zoology, isnt there a rule that whoever describes it first gets to name it?

and anyone is totally free to change anything around after the fact anyway, is not like its copyprotected or something .. and i'd dedicate it to the public domain if it were compatible with the licensing of the rest of it all .. just let me get on with it pleeease ^^ oh and i had a look at the whumsooms-thread (the other day and not just now is why i prolly butchered their name, sorry for that) and seems like they needs their tags in order and some minor stuff, i could give them a little workover no problemo, … And. big and. all those preexisting lowres species icons currently in the project but not in use for any species - i should have been able to discover them earlier, before spending days with gimp to fumble around with colour contrast layers sharping edges rescale and so on .. for future species i'll just use up those preexisting icons if noone has any prior reservations there

LienRag
Cosmic Dragon

#18 Post by LienRag »

stpa wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:24 pm
well i was thinking more along the lines of adjusting the khakturian troop bonus according to invaded planet type .. maybe their groundtroopattackbonus only works on desert worlds and gets a malus everywhere else.
Interesting...

A bit prone to micromanagement alas.

I think ground combat is planned for 0.6 or .7 version ? So it's a bit early to design very precise mechanisms for it, but yes specificities of species is always good imho.