New back story

Species suggestions, story ideas and contributions.
Strategyman
Space Squid

New back story

#1 Post by Strategyman »

if my recent race (the vishganian race) is accepted this will create a whole new back story that i will have to wright on this forum if you agree i should and i have permission i shall do so and create a new back story.

eleazar
Design & Graphics Lead Emeritus

Re: New back story

#2 Post by eleazar »

Strategyman wrote:if my recent race (the vishganian race) is accepted this will create a whole new back story that i will have to wright on this forum if you agree i should and i have permission i shall do so and create a new back story.
It doesn't work like that. You can make a new backstory for your race if you want.

We wouldn't guarantee to include an unfinished race, even if we were currently working on that aspect of the game. The foundational rules for alien races haven't been decided on an won't be for quite a long time. So which races will be in the game won't be decided for a long time.

And there really wasn't a reason to start a second thread for this question.

Strategyman
Space Squid

#3 Post by Strategyman »

Then i would have to create a back story but it won't involve the orions and have a good use in a campaign story. Question in this storyline can i create a new back story that wouldn't involve the orions?

pd
Graphics Lead Emeritus

#4 Post by pd »

You can write and come up with whatever you want. But you have to understand, that this is extremly low priority at the moment for the developers. When the time comes, this sub forum will be reviewed.

So, just write what you like and try to produce some creative ideas.

Tortanick
Creative Contributor

#5 Post by Tortanick »

Strategyman wrote:Then i would have to create a back story but it won't involve the orions and have a good use in a campaign story. Question in this storyline can i create a new back story that wouldn't involve the orions?
Sure not everyone met the Orions. Quite a few races are too young for that. But you can't contradict the current backstory*. As for campaign, the backstory isn't necaracly part of the campaign, the races campaign could take place after the backstory events. None of this will get decided for a while.

* You're race can think its history contradicts the backstory, but they'd be wrong.

Strategyman
Space Squid

#6 Post by Strategyman »

ok thanks for the advice guys.

Strategyman
Space Squid

#7 Post by Strategyman »

but how far was the orions influence? from what i read from the back story they really didn't go out much they maybe took over half of the universe but my guys could have been out of their influence further due making a race that could have created them and also they could have come from a whole different galaxy or their creators recently made them droped them off then ran back home to the other galaxy.

Tortanick
Creative Contributor

#8 Post by Tortanick »

You're guys couldn't have been out of their influence. I don't know how far they spread but its definitely the entire area the game takes place in.

I suppose they could have traveled to known space as nomads or refugees after the Orions fell, but that dose mean they're cut off from their backstory.

Strategyman
Space Squid

#9 Post by Strategyman »

But it could bring a back story from another galaxy which would infulunce that galaxy in a way.

Strategyman
Space Squid

#10 Post by Strategyman »

Or their backstory could be an expansion for the game which of course would enhance it.

Strategyman
Space Squid

#11 Post by Strategyman »

Also if I'm going to improve my race and edit it should i edit my orig story on the other topic? Because i see alot of holes in my race and please tell me if its a human like race I'm not sure if it is.

eleazar
Design & Graphics Lead Emeritus

#12 Post by eleazar »

Strategyman wrote:Also if I'm going to improve my race and edit it should i edit my orig story on the other topic?
Use that thread, but you can edit your first post or make a new one as you wish.

Strategyman
Space Squid

#13 Post by Strategyman »

ok then i will be starting a new backstory for my race on the other topic and im still developing it eventually it will get done and fill most of the holes.