Happybirthday

Species suggestions, story ideas and contributions.
Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

Re: Happybirthday

#31 Post by Vezzra »

MatGB wrote:Note, I'm not proposing anything similar to the old Health mechanic, which, frankly, I never understood.
It was complicated, the calculation of the numbers hasn't been very clear, and you weren't the only one who didn't really understand it. Hence, it has been removed.

labgnome
Juggernaut

Re: Happybirthday

#32 Post by labgnome »

Ok, so I've been away recently, but I'm glad to see that the Happybirthday are popular. As far as the difficulty on colonies, that was really supposed to be covered in their bad population trait, though it could be interesting to have them have more of a challenge just getting colonies started, but I wouldn't say that's necessary. However I will say that if we are going to do something interesting with how they do colonies or population, then it might be a good idea to wait until we have a mechanic for happiness, as their reason for being bad at those things is because of basically having bad happiness. So something that would effect their colonization or growth based around their happiness and would thus disadvantage them in those areas.
All of my contributions should be considered released under creative commons attribution share-alike license, CC-BY-SA 3.0 for use in, by and with the Free Orion project.