administration of workloads.

Programmers discuss here anything related to FreeOrion programming. Primarily for the developers to discuss.

Moderator: Committer

Moriarty
Dyson Forest
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

administration of workloads.

#1 Post by Moriarty »

Morning Folks.
I'm a PHP/MySQL coder and it seems i may be of assistance, though obviously not by writing anything directly for the game.

Having taken a few look around this programming forum, it seems you folks don't really have any viable way of keeping track of who's doing what, and what needs to be done, and all that sort of stuff.

If you'd use it, i could knock up a script (or borrow one and tweak it :) ) that would probably allow easier management of the whole programming 'fiasco' (that's what it strikes me as being at present ;) ).

If you're interested (lead programmer Ocean), simply reply.
And give a list of the sort of things u'd be needing. I can have it done within a couple of days probably.

OceanMachine
Pupating Mass

#2 Post by OceanMachine »

I appreciate the offer, but don't feel this is necessary. Our programming team is rather small, and with one exception, has been around since day 1 of the project. We have a pretty functional breakdown of the workload as is and there isn't any need at this point for more complicated tracking. Also sourceforge has some built in tools for managing work as well. We will probably make use of those once we get to the point where we've released a milestone build and have to manage bug tracking and new feature additions, etc. For now that is just extra overhead that doesn't serve any purpose.
Programming Lead

Moriarty
Dyson Forest
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

#3 Post by Moriarty »

Ah well, worth a try.