Where'd I go wrong?

Programmers discuss here anything related to FreeOrion programming. Primarily for the developers to discuss.

Moderators: Committer, Committer

mugsy69
Krill Swarm

Where'd I go wrong?

#1 Post by mugsy69 » Tue Oct 28, 2003 7:47 am

Something to do with expat, I'm sure.

F:\Dev-Cpp\Bin\..\lib\gcc-lib\mingw32\3.2\..\..\..\..\mingw32\bin\ld.exe: cannot find -lexpat

make.exe: *** [../freeoriond.exe] Error 1

Execution terminated

Any help you can offer would be appreciated. I can almost feel the compiled program! It must be close...

Tyreth
FreeOrion Lead Emeritus

#2 Post by Tyreth » Tue Oct 28, 2003 7:53 am

expat is another library you need. I'm not sure how to get it working on windows, but I do know the website is here :)
http://expat.sourceforge.net/

modulus
Space Floater

#3 Post by modulus » Tue Oct 28, 2003 3:10 pm

Also I think they have the path set in the dev environment so it should be on the root and I believe the directory name needs to change to end it .5 or something close (or it also worked adding the directories to my search path).

Also, you will need to add some files to each project. Look back at some of my previous posts there will be a list of them.

I'm not an expert on this but I play one on TV... Actually I just did it over the weekend.
Tim

mugsy69
Krill Swarm

Well...

#4 Post by mugsy69 » Tue Oct 28, 2003 4:29 pm

I did download expat from that site last night (I had seen Modulus with the same problem before) and I have added several files to each of the projects but I still can't compile. It gets all the way to the end of compilation when that error message occurs.

Modulus, I think what you said went over my head. Could you please explain what you meant by .5 and also who has the path set in the dev environment so that it should be on root? i'm sure it's something simple, but I'm missing it.

Thanks,
Jon