UML/Diagrams/Anything which explains architecture?

Programmers discuss here anything related to FreeOrion programming. Primarily for the developers to discuss.

Moderator: Committer

Rydra
Space Squid

UML/Diagrams/Anything which explains architecture?

#1 Post by Rydra »

Hi there,

I'm taking an overall look at freeorion's code. I'm just wondering if there exists any UML/class diagrams/diagram/documentation about the game architecture and design. For sure it would help me and haste my understanding of the application.

Thank you

wheals
Space Squid

Re: UML/Diagrams/Anything which explains architecture?

#2 Post by wheals »

Rydra wrote:Hi there,

I'm taking an overall look at freeorion's code. I'm just wondering if there exists any UML/class diagrams/diagram/documentation about the game architecture and design. For sure it would help me and haste my understanding of the application.

Thank you
The only thing I know of is this, which admittedly isn't much.

You could also try looking at the /<src>/doc folders, which sometimes have useful information, and also occasionally doxygen files. If you have doxygen, you can turn those files into fancy HTML browsable forms of each class's API and comments.
All my code and content provided herein or on GitHub is released under the GPL 2.0 and/or CC-BY-SA 3.0, as appropriate.

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

#3 Post by Geoff the Medio »

If you want graphical representations of the code, Doxygen is probably the way to go. Most classes have Doxygen (or Doxygen-like) commenting in them, so there should be some helpful text in the generated documentation.

wheals
Space Squid

#4 Post by wheals »

Note that if you are building using cmake, you can configure it to generate a Makefile that automatically builds all the doxygen files whenever an update occurs.
All my code and content provided herein or on GitHub is released under the GPL 2.0 and/or CC-BY-SA 3.0, as appropriate.