MacOsX Version issues

Programmers discuss here anything related to FreeOrion programming. Primarily for the developers to discuss.

Moderator: Committer

eleazar
Design & Graphics Lead Emeritus

Re: MacOsX Version issues

#91 Post by eleazar »

.Id wrote:Here's some binaries for 0.3.11 rev 2793.
:D Eagerly downloading in order to test...

EDIT:

OK, i tried out the intel and universal binary, and got the same exact error message. I don't know if you assumed the user would be smart enough to do something with the SDK, but that's beyond my current knowledge. Here's what i got:

system config

Code: Select all

Model: iMac6,1, BootROM IM61.0093.B07, 2 processors, Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.33 GHz, 3 GB
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT, NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT, spdisplays_pcie_device, 256 MB
Memory Module: BANK 0/DIMM0, 2 GB, DDR2 SDRAM, 667 MHz
Memory Module: BANK 1/DIMM1, 1 GB, DDR2 SDRAM, 667 MHz
AirPort: spairport_wireless_card_type_airport_extreme (0x14E4, 0x87), Broadcom BCM43xx 1.0 (5.10.38.24)
Bluetooth: Version 2.1.3f8, 2 service, 1 devices, 1 incoming serial ports
Network Service: AirPort, AirPort, en1
Serial ATA Device: ST3250824AS  Q, 232.89 GB
Parallel ATA Device: MATSHITADVD-R   UJ-85J, 381.1 MB
USB Device: Built-in iSight, (null) mA
USB Device: Hub in Apple Extended USB Keyboard, (null) mA
USB Device: Apple Extended USB Keyboard, (null) mA
USB Device: Bluetooth USB Host Controller, (null) mA
USB Device: IR Receiver, (null) mA
USB Device: USB-PS/2 Optical Mouse, (null) mA
USB Device: USB Hub, (null) mA
USB Device: MTE-450, (null) mA
FireWire Device: LaCie d2 Extreme LUN 0, LaCie Group SA, 800mbit_speed

Problem Report Details

Code: Select all

Process:         FreeOrion [2617]
Path:            /Applications/FreeOrion.app/Contents/MacOS/FreeOrion
Identifier:      org.FreeOrion
Version:         ??? (???)
Code Type:       X86 (Native)
Parent Process:  launchd [193]

Date/Time:       2009-02-14 20:05:05.570 -0600
OS Version:      Mac OS X 10.5.6 (9G55)
Report Version:  6

Exception Type:  EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000
Crashed Thread:  0

Dyld Error Message:
  Library not loaded: @executable_path/../SharedSupport/libgvc.dylib
  Referenced from: /Applications/FreeOrion.app/Contents/MacOS/../SharedSupport/libgvplugin_dot_layout.dylib
  Reason: image not found

.Id
Space Squid

#92 Post by .Id »

Thanks for testing.

Hopefully I just missed including one of the libraries. I didn't expect it to need this one, and it's surprising that it doesn't complain on my system about the same thing.

Can you download libgvc.dylib, place it in

/Applications/FreeOrion.app/Contents/SharedSupport/

and try running /Applications/FreeOrion.app again? (shouldn't matter which i386 vs. universal)

We can iterate from there and I'll update the bundles accordingly.

eleazar

#93 Post by eleazar »

.Id wrote:...Can you download libgvc.dylib, place it in

/Applications/FreeOrion.app/Contents/SharedSupport/...
Bingo, that does the trick :D

EDIT: It seems buggy... i don't know if that's a reflection on the current state of the trunk, or something specific to this binary, or even my computer.

* The game starts with all starlanes and starnames visible... possibly this is just a testing feature?

* fleet movement is unreliable. For random number of turns individual fleets will fail to recognize all or all further away than 1 jump systems as valid destinations. After a while it works again. At one point the fleet icon was drawn in the same place for several turns, and only updated it's icon's position when it arrived at the destination star.

* i can get ships or buildings added to the production queue.

OndrejR
Space Dragon

#94 Post by OndrejR »

eleazar wrote:It seems buggy... i don't know if that's a reflection on the current state of the trunk, or something specific to this binary, or even my computer.

* The game starts with all starlanes and starnames visible... possibly this is just a testing feature?
It was already fixed in newer version by tzlaine.
eleazar wrote:* fleet movement is unreliable. For random number of turns individual fleets will fail to recognize all or all further away than 1 jump systems as valid destinations. After a while it works again.
Have these ships fuel? If they don't have and are in supply range, they are refueled.
eleazar wrote:* i can get ships or buildings added to the production queue.
?

eleazar

#95 Post by eleazar »

OndrejR wrote:
eleazar wrote:* fleet movement is unreliable. For random number of turns individual fleets will fail to recognize all or all further away than 1 jump systems as valid destinations. After a while it works again.
Have these ships fuel? If they don't have and are in supply range, they are refueled.
heh, that would explain it. The last version i had running on my machine was rc6. I theoretically know about this stuff, but i'm not used to seeing it in-game.
OndrejR wrote:
?
Err, i meant i can't get ships or buildings added to the production queue.
I can click on them and get information window to tell me about them, but clicking, double-clicking and drag/dropping won't add anything to the production queue.

OndrejR
Space Dragon

#96 Post by OndrejR »

eleazar wrote:
OndrejR wrote:
?
I can click on them and get information window to tell me about them, but clicking, double-clicking and drag/dropping won't add anything to the production queue.
First select your colonized planet(for example your homeworld). When planet is selected, it has white
circle around it. Then you can add building or ship(for example Imperial Palace) to
queue.

When your planet is not selected, it has green circle around it.

Myckel
Space Krill

#97 Post by Myckel »

eleazar wrote:
OndrejR wrote:
?
Check this bug report:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.ph ... tid=544942

2nd reply from geoffthemedio (as answer to "bug" 1, I think it's the same as your problem).

eleazar

#98 Post by eleazar »

OndrejR wrote:When your planet is not selected, it has green circle around it.
OK, that's it. The glowing green circle seemed pretty obviously to indicate selection, so i didn't mess with it.

.Id
Space Squid

#99 Post by .Id »

eleazar wrote: Bingo, that does the trick :D
Updated everything to include the missing lib.
eleazar wrote: EDIT: It seems buggy... i don't know if that's a reflection on the current state of the trunk, or something specific to this binary, or even my computer.

If there's a quick fix, I can rebuild. Since revision 2732 is the "official" 0.3.11 release I could roll back to that if it fixes it.
Else I can start working on 0.3.12, which I guess would also fix it.

OndrejR
Space Dragon

#100 Post by OndrejR »

.Id wrote:
eleazar wrote: EDIT: It seems buggy... i don't know if that's a reflection on the current state of the trunk, or something specific to this binary, or even my computer.

If there's a quick fix, I can rebuild. Since revision 2732 is the "official" 0.3.11 release I could roll back to that if it fixes it.
Else I can start working on 0.3.12, which I guess would also fix it.
It is simple. See this svn change in file universe/Universe.cpp. Change visibility to false.

In 0.3.12 is it already fixed(revision 2807 is 0.3.12 and in this revision is that patch).

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

#101 Post by Geoff the Medio »

eleazar wrote:
OndrejR wrote:When your planet is not selected, it has green circle around it.
OK, that's it. The glowing green circle seemed pretty obviously to indicate selection, so i didn't mess with it.
Green circles indicate planets that can be selected as production locations, while white circles are the currently selected planet. It's supposed to auto-select one of the possible locations when opening the production screen, but sometimes it doesn't. I'm not sure why.

The all-visible issue is a single-line switch (replace a true with a false) that's used for testing purposes.

Naesbye
Krill Swarm

#102 Post by Naesbye »

Works nicely here. Well done, .Id :-)

Will this replace the old 'official' Mac version?

eleazar

#103 Post by eleazar »

Thanks .id.

My recent spurt of productivity owes a lot to the fact that i can once again see and manipulate the current version on my computer.

eobet
Space Krill

#104 Post by eobet »

I haven't downloaded the game yet because the download page says that the games includes an installer, and I see that the Windows version requires .NET.

Does this mean that some version of Mono comes bundled with this game, and if so, are instructions on how to uninstall it supplied, or even a proper uninstaller for the entire game and the shared libraries?

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

#105 Post by Geoff the Medio »

eobet wrote:I haven't downloaded the game yet because the download page says that the games includes an installer, and I see that the Windows version requires .NET.
It only "requires" .NET because anything built with Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 or later requires .NET, even if it doesn't use any of the .NET / Common Language Runtime features or functionality.

(I don't know the answer to your question, but I thought I'd explain what I could)