Python err msg in console

Programmers discuss here anything related to FreeOrion programming. Primarily for the developers to discuss.

Moderator: Committer

vincele
Space Dragon

Python err msg in console

#1 Post by vincele »

I just saw those in the message window (maybe they're old and known)

Code: Select all

AI_Error: AI script error in "calculate_priorities": "'list' object has no attribute 'clear'"
AI_Error: AI script error in "assign_colony_fleets_to_colonise": "'list' object has no attribute 'items'"
All the patches I'll provide for freeorion will be released under the GPL v2 or later license.
Let's unleash the dyson forest powa!

Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

Re: Python err msg in console

#2 Post by Dilvish »

By any chance is it possible you updated some AI files and not others?

Assuming no on that, was that from immediately after loading a savegame? I just made some data structure changes that could cause those errors if trying to deal with old structures. I had intended to take steps to ensure compatibility with old save files, but perhaps that slipped through.
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0

vincele
Space Dragon

#3 Post by vincele »

Dilvish wrote:By any chance is it possible you updated some AI files and not others?

Assuming no on that, was that from immediately after loading a savegame? I just made some data structure changes that could cause those errors if trying to deal with old structures. I had intended to take steps to ensure compatibility with old save files, but perhaps that slipped through.
It was a build from yesterday, maybe missing the last 1 or 2 commits.

But yes I was loading an old savegame, I'll see if I can reproduce with a new one...
All the patches I'll provide for freeorion will be released under the GPL v2 or later license.

vincele
Space Dragon

#4 Post by vincele »

Looks like it was the old savegame-thing : not reproduced with a fresh one... Sorry for the noise.

Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

#5 Post by Dilvish »

vincele wrote:Looks like it was the old savegame-thing : not reproduced with a fresh one... Sorry for the noise.
It's not noise, I generally try to avoid having AI changes break compatibility with old savegame files, people could have something they wanted to keep testing out, or simply a big game they had put a lot of time into and I wouldn't want to interfere with them being able to upgrade the game in the meantime.

Code: Select all

r8035 | dilvish-fo | 2015-03-14 08:06:27 -0700 (Sat, 14 Mar 2015) | 1 line
adjusted AI loading of savestate so that old savegame files  hopefully remain compatible with the current AI code
Please check if that fixed it.
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0

vincele
Space Dragon

#6 Post by vincele »

Dilvish wrote:Please check if that fixed it.
Yep, without that patch I get the error messages, whereas with it they're gone.