Stop 22th MP game?

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

Stop 22th MP game?

Yes, start 23th ASAP
50%
Yes after some more turns (2 weeks?)
17%
No, keep playing 22th until further notice
33%

Total votes: 6

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

Stop 22th MP game?

#1 Post by Oberlus »

o01eg wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:16 pm ...
wobbly wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:27 pm So yeah, I'll go with the general consensus.
Oberlus wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:51 pm Anyways, I'm not asking to stop the game as long as others want to continue it.
LienRag wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:18 pm So, I'll follow the collective decision, but if we stop the game without addressing in any way the main problem, I'm not sure to join future games.
Looks like the collective decision is to follow collective decision )

BlueAward
Vacuum Dragon

Re: Stop 22th MP game?

#2 Post by BlueAward »

I voted. Who are we chasing? :)

For now it's 3 to stop, 2 not to stop, and if stop, rather do it right away (2 to 1). But it is 3 votes missing still. Goes bit down the wire. And lol if we end up 4 to 4 (at least of we count the stops together)

wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

#3 Post by wobbly »

Might be a moot point if Daybreak has lost interest. It's possible he is just away, but otherwise its not usual for him not to turn.

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#4 Post by Oberlus »

I didn't vote yet. I was waiting to see how it goes, since I am in a fuzzy state.
Two more weeks could be just not enough for any of us to see satisfying action...
I'm voting for stop it now.

wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

#5 Post by wobbly »

Not sure if Endhu should take over from Daybreak until the next game starts, or whether o01eg is about ready to start the new one anyway

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#6 Post by Oberlus »

At this game pace I'll be glad to start a new game regardless.

LienRag
Cosmic Dragon

#7 Post by LienRag »

If I'm not mistaken, we had very few turns where the time limit was reached.
So even with a time period of 36 hours for the new game, the pace will mostly be the same (with the exception that instead of waiting for the 48 h time limit, when someone hasn't played after 36 hours, we'll be discussing extending the time limit manually for them, if past games are an indicator).
That's one of the reasons I want to continue to play : it took us that long to get near turn 100, I'm not eager to wait another three months to get there again.

wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

#8 Post by wobbly »

Thing is, if you want to kick a dead horse I'm probably not going to stop you. But I'm also not likely to take part in it either.

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#9 Post by Oberlus »

I lost one of my boots in the guts of that horse.

At this point, I prefer faster games with less players than slower games with more players.
For following games with an X timer, I will always vote to not extend time except for special cases (you one vacations period in that game, not every weekend).
I know it might bite me back, if I ever have to go away for 3-4 days, but it's for the best.
I'd love to have a way to only-seldom extend timer, something like a button that can be pressed only once per month and give +48h to current timer or something like that.