Holidays!

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

Tyreth
FreeOrion Lead Emeritus

Holidays!

#1 Post by Tyreth »

Taking a look back on this year, we released the first two versions of FreeOrion. We have been around for 1 year and 9 months. There's a lot of work ahead of us, and once 0.3 is released we can expect things to be different - with more forum visitors, and hopefully more valuable contributors.

Thanks again to everyone who's helped work with the game - but especially to tzlaine for his excellent work coding FreeOrion, and those who've helped him, Aquitaine for ensuring that we have a document to build the game from and listening to all your ideas, Miu for helping ensure the game will look good, and LithiumMongoose for the music - the first track of which we included with the 0.2 release.

With holidays coming up again, I'm about to depart on my ritual vacation. This means I'll be absent with little or no internet access for roughly a week.

Have a great holiday and see you all in the new year.

Yoghurt
Programmer

Re: Holidays!

#2 Post by Yoghurt »

Tyreth wrote:and hopefully more valuable contributors.
Now, let's hope he meant "more (valuable contributors)" and not "(more valuable) contributors" :twisted:

pd
Graphics Lead Emeritus

#3 Post by pd »

tyreth wrote: This means I'll be absent with little or no internet access for roughly a week.
same for me, i wish merry xmas and a happy new year(a bit early i know ;) to everyone.

Tyreth
FreeOrion Lead Emeritus

Re: Holidays!

#4 Post by Tyreth »

Yoghurt wrote:
Tyreth wrote:and hopefully more valuable contributors.
Now, let's hope he meant "more (valuable contributors)" and not "(more valuable) contributors" :twisted:
Ah...yes...I meant the first one...*laughs nervously* Who said I didn't?

miu
Graphics Lead Emeritus

#5 Post by miu »

Happy holidays all :)
What was this huge trafficload that shut us down for few days? where was it from?
Difference between a man and a gentleman is that a man does what he wants, a gentleman does what he should. - Albert Camus

Tyreth
FreeOrion Lead Emeritus

#6 Post by Tyreth »

miu wrote:Happy holidays all :)
What was this huge trafficload that shut us down for few days? where was it from?
Turns out I have limitted net access, rather than no net access.

It was attempts by the Santy Worm to infect our forums, but it wasn't working - that didn't stop it from trying though with numerous attempts. A filter has been implemented to reject all its attacks, so it would still be occurring right now, but just not reaching the forums.

For those interested, you can sign up to the announcements list for more details when something happens:
http://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/list ... n-announce

noelte
Juggernaut

#7 Post by noelte »

interesting!

But right now we have almost no more discussion ....
Press any key to continue or any other key to cancel.
Can COWs fly?

pd
Graphics Lead Emeritus

#8 Post by pd »

miu, check your pm! :)

Aquitaine
Lead Designer Emeritus

#9 Post by Aquitaine »

I will be on holiday myself until shortly after the new year. nowhere interesting, just not working here. :) I will be catching up a lot of the tech tree stuff and figuring out what the next step is in terms of making use out of what we've got and determining what precisely we need to be working for when I get back.
Surprise and Terror! I am greeted by the smooth and hostile face of our old enemy, the Hootmans! No... the Huge-glands, no, I remember, the Hunams!