Where are the amebas?

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

herbert_vaucanson
Space Floater

Where are the amebas?

#1 Post by herbert_vaucanson »

Ok guys, I see great creators, mighty leads, lordly designers, unending dragons, ohmy!mamas&papas AND lowly space skrills, sad star slugs, unasked planet leeches.
Where are the intermediate guys? Is anybody a fledging, but sizeable, space ameba? No? What polarised so much our society? Maybe a Shadow War?
- Well, what about this: a lot of empty space, colored balls spinning around, the occasional nifty exlosion, and some infestation here and there to give it the "lived in" feel?
- It shouldn't take more than a week... ok, I am in.

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

#2 Post by Geoff the Medio »

There are also "Space Squid" and "Space Wyrm" titles (at 50 and 150 posts I think).

utilae
Cosmic Dragon

#3 Post by utilae »

And Galaxy Creator, the greatest title of all!!!!

Rapunzel
Pupating Mass

#4 Post by Rapunzel »

Is there a list anywhere? In some Forums the Rank-List is in the FAQ, but here I can't fin one...

I would say that this Forum ist very polarised, since there are many who just post a little and than go away, and some who post lot's and are very dedicated to this Project. You can't stay a medium ameba, since most guys reaching such a level post eneugh to go through it quite fast and all other won't even reach it... :roll:
Dieser Text basiert ausschließlich auf frei erfundener Interpunktion und Orthographie. Jegliche Uebereinstimmungen mit geltenden Regelungen sind rein zufaellig und wurden nicht beabsichtigt.

pd
Graphics Lead Emeritus

#5 Post by pd »

why are those titles important to people? does it matter how many posts a user has? i think the content and value of a post is much more important than a stupid title.

Rapunzel
Pupating Mass

#6 Post by Rapunzel »

Aquitaine wrote:[...]We already give out 'official' FO titles to members of each team. IMO, those people should stand out, rather than just whomever posts the post.

Aquitaine
quoted from here

And he is right.

Counting posts although, is interresting, since I determin the impact of somebodys comment on my own post (at least in some way) on that number. What I mean is, that if eg. utilae tells me that soemthing will not be some way or another, since it was passed otherwise I will belive him more eagerly than somebopdy's first post. :wink:

But since we have a rank system it would be interrestint what the levels are.
Dieser Text basiert ausschließlich auf frei erfundener Interpunktion und Orthographie. Jegliche Uebereinstimmungen mit geltenden Regelungen sind rein zufaellig und wurden nicht beabsichtigt.

Yoghurt
Programmer

#7 Post by Yoghurt »

Rapunzel wrote:Counting posts although, is interresting, since I determin the impact of somebodys comment on my own post (at least in some way) on that number. What I mean is, that if eg. utilae tells me that soemthing will not be some way or another, since it was passed otherwise I will belive him more eagerly than somebopdy's first post. :wink:.
But it could also mean than utilae is a stupid troll, that trolls every goddam post there is while the newbie has read for quite some time and now just has to correct you because you are so wrong 8)

herbert_vaucanson
Space Floater

#8 Post by herbert_vaucanson »

Geoff the Medio wrote:There are also "Space Squid" and "Space Wyrm" titles (at 50 and 150 posts I think).
Thanks! But I shall say I miss the "Space Amoeba"...
- Well, what about this: a lot of empty space, colored balls spinning around, the occasional nifty exlosion, and some infestation here and there to give it the "lived in" feel?
- It shouldn't take more than a week... ok, I am in.

Ablaze
Creative Contributor

#9 Post by Ablaze »

I think I've been mid-range for a while, I've been here for quite a while now and I don't really post very often.. so I'll probably be mid-range for some time yet.

It seems to me, Rapunzel, that someone's join date would probably be more accurate then their post count. You can get a sort of basic idea for who someone is my comparing the two.
Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas.