so whats the status of 0.3

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

Yeeha
Pupating Mass

so whats the status of 0.3

#1 Post by Yeeha »

I saw poll with distro question so is 0.3 close & can u tell estimated time when FO will reach 0.3 milestone?

Yoghurt
Programmer

#2 Post by Yoghurt »

It has reached 0.3. Unfortunately, there are a few serious bugs on Linux which we want to fix first.

Expect a release in the next few weeks; if all else fails, I would propose releasing 0.3 even with crashes on linux...

tzlaine
Programming Lead Emeritus

#3 Post by tzlaine »

Yoghurt wrote:It has reached 0.3. Unfortunately, there are a few serious bugs on Linux which we want to fix first.

Expect a release in the next few weeks; if all else fails, I would propose releasing 0.3 even with crashes on linux...
What are the crashes you are seeing? Have they been reported on the SF.net bug tracker? I've fixed nearly all of the confirmed bugs there (I only consider #1365674 to be confirmed and outstanding).

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

#4 Post by Geoff the Medio »

tzlaine wrote:(I only consider #1365674 to be confirmed and outstanding).
I just re-confirmed #1024914

I haven't seen #1293506, #1293511, or #1311181 since my hard drive died and I reinstalled WinXP a month ago. I suspect they were related to some accumulated detritus which has been expunged.

Yoghurt
Programmer

#5 Post by Yoghurt »

tzlaine wrote:What are the crashes you are seeing? Have they been reported on the SF.net bug tracker? I've fixed nearly all of the confirmed bugs there (I only consider #1365674 to be confirmed and outstanding).
Crash and burn when opening the Planet window. It probably has something to do with the patch for boost 1.33, but the crash now also happens when using boost 1.32.

tzlaine
Programming Lead Emeritus

#6 Post by tzlaine »

Yoghurt wrote:
tzlaine wrote:What are the crashes you are seeing? Have they been reported on the SF.net bug tracker? I've fixed nearly all of the confirmed bugs there (I only consider #1365674 to be confirmed and outstanding).
Crash and burn when opening the Planet window. It probably has something to do with the patch for boost 1.33, but the crash now also happens when using boost 1.32.
So, with a clean checkout of CVS FO and the new 0.6.0 GG release, and the data.zip unpacked in the proper place, you get this crash? Do you have a gdb stacktrace, or is there an uncaught exception reported? I can probably fix it if you tell me what the problem is.

Dreamer
Dyson Forest

#7 Post by Dreamer »

Yoghurt wrote:It has reached 0.3. Unfortunately, there are a few serious bugs on Linux which we want to fix first.

Just on linux? So a windows release can be made already?

Daveybaby
Small Juggernaut

#8 Post by Daveybaby »

DeathAndPain3 wrote:I can only suggest forgetting this project and never to return here.
And yet you seem unable to follow your own advice. Teh irony gave me teh cancer!

All you seem able to do is whine. You must be a real joy to know in real life.
The COW Project : You have a spy in your midst.

noelte
Juggernaut

#9 Post by noelte »

I know, it's a wast of time ....

First, i'm not a admin.

Second, you don't invest any work, you don't pay for it, there is no promise of anything, so you are just trolling!!!??? There is noone preventing you from getting a clean CVS copy and build it on your own (the programmers might even help you doing so)

So what's your point after all, getting no candy?????
Press any key to continue or any other key to cancel.
Can COWs fly?

Aquitaine
Lead Designer Emeritus

#10 Post by Aquitaine »

Dealt with D&P's post on the announcements board and deleted it here.
Surprise and Terror! I am greeted by the smooth and hostile face of our old enemy, the Hootmans! No... the Huge-glands, no, I remember, the Hunams!

noelte
Juggernaut

#11 Post by noelte »

Wasn't such a good idea, IMO. Now we adress something which isn't there anymore ....
Press any key to continue or any other key to cancel.
Can COWs fly?

Aquitaine
Lead Designer Emeritus

#12 Post by Aquitaine »

This thread is legitimately about bugs and things before the v0.3 release, which is why it's still here.

-Aq
Surprise and Terror! I am greeted by the smooth and hostile face of our old enemy, the Hootmans! No... the Huge-glands, no, I remember, the Hunams!

Dreamer
Dyson Forest

#13 Post by Dreamer »

Aquitaine wrote:This thread is legitimately about bugs and things before the v0.3 release, which is why it's still here.

-Aq
If so you should delete also all related posts, including this one. But the thread just breaks without a reason. Luckily I had read the anouncements before and got the idea...

The_Commentator
Space Floater

#14 Post by The_Commentator »

:lol: