Hello Again...

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

Extro
Space Krill

Hello Again...

#1 Post by Extro »

Hello again everyone... ( I guess nobody remembers me anyway...)

A special hello... to Tyreth and Aquitaine...

Really glad to see that the project is still going... you guys rock...

Last time I check ( Nov 2004 ) it seemed like the project was about to fold... happy to see it still going... looking forward to run the latest version... What I seen a couple of years ago was quite fascinating...

For those who wonder who I am, ( or at least care a little bit... ) I was involved with this project when it started 3 years ago... unfortunately, RL was a bitch at the time and I had to part with the project...

I'd love Tyreth or Aquitaine to drop me a word... just to know how you guys are doing and where the project stands at the moment...

Again... Hello again everyone...

Extro :)
Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. - Oscar Wilde

pd
Graphics Lead Emeritus

#2 Post by pd »

Hi and welcome(again).

May I ask how you were involved? Do you plan to contribute again? We really could need any helping hand.

The roadmap is pretty clear about where the project stands at the moment.

Aquitaine is working on the space combat design document, but it seems he is very busy with RL. Tzlaine is doing some coding I guess. Tyreth is also very busy with RL/work but AFAIK he is working on some (background) story stuff.

Aquitaine
Lead Designer Emeritus

#3 Post by Aquitaine »

Hiya Extro! Been a long time. :)

We're currently working on an internal version of the space combat document so we can hammer out a few basics before having the sharks, er, the public, have at it. v0.4 is going to be a huge step for us and it's going to take a lot of work, so we're going to need all of the help we can get.
Surprise and Terror! I am greeted by the smooth and hostile face of our old enemy, the Hootmans! No... the Huge-glands, no, I remember, the Hunams!

The Silent One
Graphics

#4 Post by The Silent One »

Aquitaine wrote:We're currently working on an internal version of the space combat document so we can hammer out a few basics before having the sharks, er, the public, have at it.
Btw, any idea how long it'll take until we can put our hands on that document?

marhawkman
Large Juggernaut

#5 Post by marhawkman »

Aquitaine wrote:Hiya Extro! Been a long time. :)

We're currently working on an internal version of the space combat document so we can hammer out a few basics before having the sharks, er, the public, have at it. v0.4 is going to be a huge step for us and it's going to take a lot of work, so we're going to need all of the help we can get.
*starts sharpening teeth* Just let me know when the shark attack can begin.
Computer programming is fun.

Aquitaine
Lead Designer Emeritus

#6 Post by Aquitaine »

I've been delinquent in working on it but am gathering bits together now. It will spend some time in internal review and then hopefully be released here - or, at least, enough of it that we can start to steer brainstorming in the right direction.
Surprise and Terror! I am greeted by the smooth and hostile face of our old enemy, the Hootmans! No... the Huge-glands, no, I remember, the Hunams!

pd
Graphics Lead Emeritus

#7 Post by pd »

Nice! Can't wait to read this.

MikkoM
Space Dragon

#8 Post by MikkoM »

pd wrote:Nice! Can't wait to read this.
My thoughts exactly, as it has been almost two months since we last heard something from this document.

Extro
Space Krill

#9 Post by Extro »

Aquitaine wrote:Hiya Extro! Been a long time. :)
Been a long time indeed...

I sincerly hope you guys keep going and as I said I'm looking forward to the next release... I might be able to do some first hand testing ( if you guys need any... )

pd: Thanks for the warm welcome (again!!!) ...

Unfortunately, I can't involve myself more than I already stated to Aquitaine... RL is keeping me very busy between work, kid, girlfriend and my rock band... It just wouldn't be fair to promise you guys time that I don't have... but I promise one thing... I'll keep watching and as I mentionned may be give a good kick at the can when the next release comes out...

You guys take care and keep going... I'll be watching...

Extro :)
Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. - Oscar Wilde