New Graphics Lead

Development of artwork, requests, suggestions, samples, or if you have artwork to offer. Primarily for the artists.
Tyreth
FreeOrion Lead Emeritus

New Graphics Lead

#1 Post by Tyreth »

We now have a new graphics lead - Obiwan! Who has previously provided us with great artwork like the planetary sequences, samples of character portraits, and just recently helping with the tech category icons. Prenid (pd) will be helping him out too, so I'm setting them both up as moderators of the Graphics forum.

Miu has been for a while quite busy and unable to help much as Graphics lead. You probably have noticed me trying to pick up the slack in the meantime.

Be nice to them!

pd
Graphics Lead Emeritus

#2 Post by pd »

I need to focus on other things and so I'm taking a break from freeOrion. I can't say when I'll be back - maybe in about 6 months, maybe later.

Keep up the work and good luck!

eleazar
Design & Graphics Lead Emeritus

#3 Post by eleazar »

I don't relish the idea of being the only active artist on the forum, but i understand — i've had to make similar choices in my involvment with other projects in the past.

Hopefully when you return there will be support for the cool 3D ships you can make.

LithiumMongoose
Audio Lead Emeritus

#4 Post by LithiumMongoose »

eleazar wrote:Hopefully when you return there will be support for the cool 3D ships you can make.
Pfft, 3D is soooo 5-years-ago. 4D is where it's at now. *nods*

MareviQ
Space Kraken

#5 Post by MareviQ »

4D is 3D + time. I've got a better idea: let's make the time a complex number (consisting of a real part and imaginary part) which allows us to do independent speed modifications to each object, giving the possibility of time fluctuations, AND pushing us into whooping 5D!