New AI race the Vishganian race

Species suggestions, story ideas and contributions.
Strategyman
Space Squid

New AI race the Vishganian race

#1 Post by Strategyman »

I think that later on in the game we could make a race that is vastly devastating and powerful and are unlocked if you mine in a certain planet and then they shall start attacking the planet taking it over automatically which if your a powerful empire you might be able to defeat them and this would occur in ancient galaxies which would make the game more fun for Mp game play and SP game play and add a new story line how they got there. Please give me suggestion and thoughts about this race. 8)
Also they live in the ground/inner crusts of the planet.
Story line of the Vishganian Race/ Calzon Empire
No one has never known about them do to their lack of outgoing but the last time this race was disturbed was 100yrs ago not to long ago and a whole empire was destroyed the only little evidence of them is the ruins of the Tendan empire(Tendans are a aquatic race born on a water planet and have great intelligence and are powerful) but before the war ever started against the Calzon Empire and the Vishganian race there was a rebellion and the Battle of Sisden crushed the rebellion almost after that the remenets of the rebellion went off to create a new civilization. At the last battle of the 5yrs war the Calzon Empire sent a ship filled with the archives about what they learned about the Vihganian race and their technology the ship's crew eventually died of a space disease do to the lack of nutrient's but the archives to this day have not been found.

Tortanick
Creative Contributor

Re: New AI race the Vishganian race

#2 Post by Tortanick »

The idea of randomly creating a devastating and powerful hostile race, in the middle of someone's empire late game is silly. The game should not be decided on a single random event.

As for the race itself, it needs a lot more work. Here are 3 high quality races (probably the best written on the whole forums), you don't have to get quite so good, but try to.

Gyisache

Chato'matou'Gormoshk:

Eaxaw

Strategyman
Space Squid

#3 Post by Strategyman »

Thanks for the adivice now i will make a more detailed account of their speices history and other things.

Strategyman
Space Squid

#4 Post by Strategyman »

the Vishganian race started in a dark and harsh environment with high radiation but the Vishganians were adapted to this environment and are immune to radiation and can live on almost any planet with no problem. This race was also highly active and adaptable to unlikely changes. Their home planet Narthon was destroyed 700yrs ago in the Hozion system or in vishganian "home system"
i will edit this soon still alot to come.
What I'm about to wright is going to make a good storyline for the campaign but this is descriptions of their soiceity and also i think that they won't be living in the damn ground lol.

Vishganian Government
The name of the empire is U.P.H. (united people of Hozion). The Vishganian government is simple yet complex it is a mix of imperialism and Democratic ideas and rules. This government is very hard to corrupt do to yearly checks and balances plus the close watch of events that the people take into mind. The U.P.H is otherwise "Bullet Proof" as the proud vishganians say. This government has also applied a bar code act to detect spy's or to check a ship for smuggled goods on a freighter. The U.P.H. has a database that has an en trinity code that the user has to crack in order to add a new bar code then the bar code shall be printed with a permanent ink on the baby's wrist which will stay there forever. This bar code also used for criminal records which can be used from preventing bank robbery's to finding a missing person this feature greatly reduces the criminal activity in the U.P.H and stops foreign spy's dead in their tracks. The U.P.H. is very good at diplomacy do to A specialized school you have to pass in order to be a certified politician. The school has many simulations that are very hard to succeed in it could be from stoping a war to helping a governor with a problem in his colony.

Religion and Beliefs
This Religion is believed bye 100% of the vishganaians.The religion of the vishganians has the only clues to their existence, no one is sure how or why they came to be but in their holy book called the "Kotren" it says that they were created by the "last god race" which is supposedly a powerful race that still lingers today watching over them. Also in the beginning of the universe there were three god races and they fought a terrible war that lasted a century at the end of the war the vishganain's creators survived the war. The Korten say that the last god race salvaged a artifact from the war. This artifact was said to be so powerful and evil that the last god race tried to destroy it but they were unsuccessful so they relocated the artifact to the most remotest and dangerous planet in the universe. It was the inferno planet called "Tellack" they had setup their best security technology to safe guard this powerful and evil artifact.

Technology and Production
The vishganians are a very advanced civilization with the recent perfection of bioengineering they can create new plants adapted to their harsh environment this feature can also lead them to create a new species of animals or even enhance themselves but this is forbidden to change their race into something new do to the risks and unthinkable outcomes that could happen. They have also had a new spaceship breakthrough where a AI can automatically identify a foe or friend and will fire with ease and accuracy this further dues less crews for large battleships which further increases their navies capacity. There production lines are quite huge and have auto labs to further increase research and production.

Known History
The vishganians started recording their history 1200yrs. ago. Archives say that 1200yrs. ago they had started to learn amazing things and have massive breakthroughs making their empire greater. In that time a corruption fell upon the government creating chaos a turmoil with riots and rebellions the government was forced to reform to the more controlled and "bullet proof" government system. After this the age the historians call "the prosperous age" when the empire's economy greatly boosted and the U.P.H.'s great colonization of many systems. In the middle of the prosperous age there was a expedition to find the artifact of the last god race 900yrs. ago. The last transmission from the expedition was that they were crash landing on a planet they were not heard of again. After there was a great war against the Eaxaw which devastated their capital city Vegnar and left 2 colony systems destroyed but the vishganains kept together and cheered for that they have counter attacked the Exaws invasion fleet which only 4 ships survived and retreated from the vishganians they were able to out smart the Exaws and were victorious thanks to hard trained generals like Dalevin the vishganians were able to beat off hundreds of invasions from the Eaxaws. 800yrs. ago the vishganians found out that their star was dieing and they fled to the colony systems in order to survive when the system died they could see their shining star go out in the colony systems for now and forever the Hozion system was dead. In the colony planet HezHozion (new home) a strange blight ravaged the main continent Trika which destroyed the crops and cattle the public soon found out that the blight was caused by a bioengineering accident and the vishganians banned bioengineering due to its unstable variations and dangerous outcomes. 600yrs. ago the vishganians made a weapon break through which was a power weapon its energy was retrieved from anti gravity cells which shot anti gravity bursts and soon after the anti gravity pulse bomb was created which had devastating effects on space ships and planets. Then a new security technology created bye the Driseven security technology inc. it was the cold plasma shields which was quickly upgraded to bases and spaceships alike.Then in recent time the vishganians went on a mass scale crusade to find their creators and to seek the technology's they had and still to this day the crusade still continues on.

Physical Description
A average vishganian is 4 feet tall the main body is 1 feet in height the head is a quarter a foot and the 2 legs are 1 3/4ths in height also. The whole body is covered in a thin sheet of fur. and there eyes are purple their arms go down to the waist of the body and there are two ear holes on both sides of the head the vishganians have no sense of smell and there is no nose. The only way you can dicier which person is which is by seeing a finger print like feature under there armpits. Their wrists are naturally fur less due to the years of killing the hair cells there in order to stamp in their bar code. They have 7 claw like fingers which is a claw except it has the characteristics and uses of a finger the claw substance is very hard and can bend due to a muscle in the claw the outside of the finger is rubbery hard and can break if put under 1000lbs. of pressure.

Behavior
The vishganians behavior is very honest and loyal the only time the vishganians ever fought each other was before the political reform both fought because they thought that they were right eventually both sides cam to their senses and worked out a new political plan. But the vishganians are people of their word and do not ever become corrupt the only time that can happen is when a foreign life form is accepted to the community and they become a politician, they are also very brave and fight to the last moment and retreat only when there is a good reason to and the morale is all ways high do to the confidence they have in themselves.

Reproduction
When a vishganian reaches 12(in earth years) the male looks for the love of his life which when he does he must create a love cross which shows the males passion for her and most of the time it works but very rarely does it not work then the male will commit suicide do to his depression. When the male and female have the love ceremony they have sex that night and then it takes 3 earth months for the baby to mature and the food cord which is connected to the back is automatically released and the baby comes through the females Cronis (a hole under the females crouch) and the baby is born soon after the baby receives its bar code. The females have a limit to have only 4 babies do to a nutrient that they are born with that can not be produced again.

Positives
==============
Production bonus and Research bonus due to auto labs and massed factories
Shield bonus on ships and bases due to cold plasma shields
Government cannot be corrupted
spy's cannot penetrate the empire
ships stay and do not cower
ground attack bonus due to hot plasma swords
Can live easily on any planet except Barren and inferno planets
Negatives
===================
limited growth rate
To much confidence can cause errors increased accident rates in factories
increased suicide rate

Hope you guys like it please give me suggestions about things that i left out or if they are to powerful. :D
Last edited by Strategyman on Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:10 am, edited 3 times in total.

Tortanick
Creative Contributor

#5 Post by Tortanick »

Strategyman wrote:Thanks for the adivice now i will make a more detailed account of their speices history and other things.
I look forward to reading it. :)

Oh, one last piece of advice: You can't make a humanoid race.

eleazar
Design & Graphics Lead Emeritus

#6 Post by eleazar »

Free Orion is intended to have a "normal" mode where every player has a fair chance, and a "campaign" mode which is more story driven.

I really don't like the idea of a single random event in "normal" mode being able to destroy an empire (especially mine), but such an event might make sense within the structure of a "campaign's" story.

Strategyman
Space Squid

#7 Post by Strategyman »

Damn! i had all done and i for some reason was automatically logged out DAMN! nvm i went back to previous page lol few that was close

Strategyman
Space Squid

#8 Post by Strategyman »

After you guys i done reading this please go to New back story. Hope you like it :D

edit
============
bye hope you like it meaning hoped you like the race i made on here.

Strategyman
Space Squid

#9 Post by Strategyman »

Guys i'm coming up with a new story and chagning everything from bottom to top (cept behavior and appearance i'm just gonna add) and this new story will be intresting :) since this topic is old im gonna make a new one so everyone will notice.