Ship model.

Development of artwork, requests, suggestions, samples, or if you have artwork to offer. Primarily for the artists.
Valeriy
Space Krill

Ship model.

#1 Post by Valeriy »

This model was done with blender. Sculpting tool was used. It's not finished, later I will sharp the form a bit. Not textured yet. Criticism and suggestions are welcomed. =)
Attachments
Fighter image.
Fighter image.
Fighter.jpeg (20.82 KiB) Viewed 2952 times

pd
Graphics Lead Emeritus

Re: Ship model.

#2 Post by pd »

Read the guidelines, if this is a honest contribution. If you are looking for critique, read the guidelines as well. To sum this up, read the guidelines, please.

shrinkshooter
Space Kraken

#3 Post by shrinkshooter »

The only real problem I have with this is how much it's subsurfed. Although it may be the look you're going for, you should try to make it seem less organic and give it some sharp corners/edges or smooth features. The subsurfing in this render makes it look all wrinkly. You're on the right track, though; it looks a lot like the ship used in Sins of a Solar Empire, the Advent's planetary siege frigate. Take a look at it sometime to get ideas if you choose to continue with this project.
Photobucket account for FreeOrion and List of Techs and Icons

[[[===LEAN, MEAN, PURPLE AND GREEN MACHINE===]]]

Zanzibar
Psionic Snowflake

#4 Post by Zanzibar »

actually, I think it's a better, improved version of one of the ships I made, that are currently in the game... (even though it's a 2d sprite, it was made from a 3d model)... :roll: I even changed my avatar so you can compare the 2 ships...

shrinkshooter
Space Kraken

#5 Post by shrinkshooter »

Well, okay, maybe in retrospect a ship with forward-swept wings isn't quite an original idea. Still not too bad looking from a prelim shot, and the way it looks conveys a sense of smallness to me; I'd say this is either a fighter or light cruiser.
Photobucket account for FreeOrion and List of Techs and Icons

[[[===LEAN, MEAN, PURPLE AND GREEN MACHINE===]]]

Valeriy
Space Krill

#6 Post by Valeriy »

I will do retopology for this ship and reduce amount of polygons. I'm going to finish this one this week, after that I will post concept for the whole set of ship and look which race the set suits better.

Yes, it was designed as a fighter, so its cockpit is relatively big to whole body.