Where is everyone?

Talk about anything and everything related or unrelated to the FreeOrion project, especially Strategy Games.

Moderator: Oberlus

PowerCrazy
Creative Contributor

Where is everyone?

#1 Post by PowerCrazy »

Specifically, haven't seen nightfish lately, or seen much activity by our fearless leaders? (aquitaine exempted) It seems that most of the team-leaders have turned into lurkers, or have simply gone the way of the dodo? oh well, maybe its just the end of summer...
Aquitaine is my Hero.... ;)

Tyreth
FreeOrion Lead Emeritus

#2 Post by Tyreth »

Nightfish is around, but last I heard he has limited computer access at the moment :)

We're quiet mostly because there's not much design issues left. Aquitaine has the 0.2 specs to write up, and there's the coding for 0.1 to complete. It will probably continue to be quiet until 0.1 is released - and when that happens you can expect a lot of activity on the forums.

There's a bit of activity on the programming forums.

Impaler
Creative Contributor

#3 Post by Impaler »

I cant wait to play V0.1

On second though I guess their wont realy be that much "playing" in .01 as its very skelatal but it will be fun to look at and generate Galaxies with and name all the planets :roll:

Any Kind of ETA or Progress estimate?
Fear is the Mind Killer - Frank Herbert -Dune

Tyreth
FreeOrion Lead Emeritus

#4 Post by Tyreth »

Currently when you boot up freeorion you have a menu screen with a few options (some menu's like options do nothing yet). You can select galaxy size, shape, and then it generates a universe and takes you into the galaxy map. Currently people are working on the fleets window and the planet sidebar as per the graphics thread forum.

There's also bits and pieces behind the scenes, but a lot of foundation is laid out. In the spirit of opensource (or even commercial development), I dare not venture an ETA. We will know when it's nearing completion though :)

Nightfish
FreeOrion Designer / Space Monster

#5 Post by Nightfish »

Jup, that's right, I'm still around. Actually my time of limited computer access is more or less a thing of the past but as tyreth said it seems that there's not much left to do for now.

In fact, I do post on and moderate the story board every one in while so I wonder why you singled me out, PC? :? :wink:

utilae
Cosmic Dragon

#6 Post by utilae »

It will be interesting to see what goes on when 0.1 is released. :)

skdiw
Creative Contributor

#7 Post by skdiw »

Can't wait! I got some star thumbs like nebulae, stars... that we can use.

PowerCrazy
Creative Contributor

#8 Post by PowerCrazy »

Well my good fish of the night, you can attribute my singling you out as a form of Idol Worship, or perhaps idle worship... In any case i'm glad that you as well as others were simply lurking with not much input needed right now. But a post to "the masses" every once in while is a nice gesture.
Aquitaine is my Hero.... ;)

Aquitaine
Lead Designer Emeritus

#9 Post by Aquitaine »

Nightfish gets singled out because if I post once a week, I'm active, but if Nightfish posts less than thirty times on a Tuesday, we call the paramedics and check to make sure he's okay. :)
Surprise and Terror! I am greeted by the smooth and hostile face of our old enemy, the Hootmans! No... the Huge-glands, no, I remember, the Hunams!