Newcomers! What's confusing about Contributing to FreeOrion?

Discussion about the project in general, organization, website, or any other details that aren't directly about the game.
Zireael
Space Dragon

Re: Newcomers! What's confusing about Contributing to FreeOr

#46 Post by Zireael »

Could you be more specific? What information / pages need overhauling?
I think eng_stringtable and the tech info in the wiki are outdated. I've been holding out on updating quick play guide due to numerous changes and me not understanding all of them.

eleazar
Design & Graphics Lead Emeritus

#47 Post by eleazar »

Zireael wrote:I've been holding out on updating quick play guide due to numerous changes and me not understanding all of them.
I'm pushing the in-game 'pedia "game concepts" section rather than the wiki, as the place to explain to the player how the game works. Much less chance of version confusion.
See here.

Saintrl
Krill Swarm

#48 Post by Saintrl »

I'm pretty lost, the admin never answered my PM so I'm stuck with this old account that I can't change or get rid of.
Also I'm not sure where to ask why I can't win this darn game. Does that answer the topic's question?

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

#49 Post by Geoff the Medio »

Plummet^0 wrote:I'm pretty lost, the admin never answered my PM so I'm stuck with this old account that I can't change or get rid of.
There is no "admin". You'd probably want to pm me if you have an account problem.
Also I'm not sure where to ask why I can't win this darn game. Does that answer the topic's question?
This topic is not about how to play the game. It's about how to contribute to making the game.

Zireael
Space Dragon

#50 Post by Zireael »

eleazar wrote:
Zireael wrote:I've been holding out on updating quick play guide due to numerous changes and me not understanding all of them.
I'm pushing the in-game 'pedia "game concepts" section rather than the wiki, as the place to explain to the player how the game works. Much less chance of version confusion.
See here.
I know, and I think it's great. However, newcomers need a guide to tell them that they need to click this and this :P

Saintrl
Krill Swarm

#51 Post by Saintrl »

Geoff the Medio wrote:
Plummet^0 wrote:I'm pretty lost, the admin never answered my PM so I'm stuck with this old account that I can't change or get rid of.
There is no "admin". You'd probably want to pm me if you have an account problem.
This topic is not about how to play the game. It's about how to contribute to making the game.
Ah sorry, I don't know about how things run here. Thanks for it clearing up.