No introduction topic found, made one for myself

Talk about anything and everything related or unrelated to the FreeOrion project, especially Strategy Games.

Moderator: Oberlus

Saintrl
Krill Swarm

No introduction topic found, made one for myself

#1 Post by Saintrl »

Hey everyone, it's been a long time for me. Last time I played I think it was 2 years ago on the 2008 version which I had downloaded when it first came out. I was forced to stop playing when my old computer became too slow to run FreeOrion without freezing up. Now that my new laptop is fast enough to run FreeOrion without problems I've gone back to playing this (very addicting!) game. I like playing space strategy games and hopefully I'll learn more about this game by being here on this forum. Nice to be back. :D

The game has changed quite a bit since last time, drastically different tech tree for starters... :shock:

stonjohn4
Space Krill

Re: No introduction topic found, made one for myself

#2 Post by stonjohn4 »

I've heard for FreeOrion long time ago (in 2005, I think) but since it was early in development, I've forgot about it. I'm kind of disappointed with fact that it's still in v0.3 but I totally understand you. You are doing it in your free time and it's a lot of work. I'm making 4X on my own and I know how much it takes. Hope you get to v0.4 soon!
"stonjohn4"

eleazar
Design & Graphics Lead Emeritus

Re: No introduction topic found, made one for myself

#3 Post by eleazar »

We're not in v 0.3.x We are close to v0.4.2 (but not quite there yet.)
Whatever your source of info, it is years out of date.

See here for the latest development build