Getting FreeOrion into Debian for real

Questions, problems and discussion about compiling FreeOrion.

Moderator: Oberlus

Apo
Space Squid

Getting FreeOrion into Debian for real

#1 Post by Apo »

Hi all,

I have recently packaged Bullet for Debian and i'm aiming at bringing FreeOrion to Debian and its derivatives now. So far i'm at stage 1, compilation. I had a recent success and now the game builds here on amd64, i can already play it, but cmake can't find the official Bullet package and i had to fall back on a private version without Multiarch paths.

Perhaps someone can help me to get things straight. First of all Multiarch is a new feature in Debian where you can co-install the same library for different kind of architectures. The most popular use case is amd64<->i386 or armel<->armhf. In my case i get the following error message:
-- Looking for IceConnectionNumber in ICE - found
-- Found X11: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libX11.so
-- Found OpenGL: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libGL.so
-- Could NOT find Subversion (missing: Subversion_SVN_EXECUTABLE)
-- Configuring freeoriond
-- Configuring freeorionca
-- Boost version: 1.49.0
-- Found the following Boost libraries:
-- date_time
-- filesystem
-- serialization
-- signals
-- system
-- thread
-- iostreams
-- python
-- Found PythonLibs: /usr/lib/libpython2.7.so (found suitable version "2.7.3", required is "2")
-- Configuring freeorion
-- Found OpenAL: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libopenal.so
-- Found ALUT: /usr/lib/libalut.so
-- checking for one of the modules 'OGRE'
-- libraries : OgreMain;pthread from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu
-- includes : /usr/include/OGRE
-- Found Ogg: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libogg.so
-- Found Vorbis: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libvorbis.so
CMake Error at client/human/CMakeLists.txt:61 (message):
Bullet library not found.
As you can see cmake detects OpenAL, OGG and Vorbis successfully, even if they are installed in a Debian specific path like /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu but fails to find the Bullet library. However this works great if i install Bullet in /usr/lib for example. I have figured out that i have to modify FindBullet.cmake in the cmake directory but had no success so far. I presume i have to change the PATH variable.

Code: Select all

FIND_PATH(BULLET_INCLUDE_DIR btBulletDynamicsCommon.h PATHS /usr/local/include /usr/include ${BULLET_SDK}/include PATH_SUFFIXES src bullet)

FIND_LIBRARY(LIB_DYNAMICS bulletdynamics BulletDynamics PATHS ${BULLET_SDK}/lib /usr/lib /usr/local/lib)
But i wonder why cmake can't find Bullet automatically, because i know Multiarch is supported by cmake. Do i really have to specify the PATHS manually? I know how i can find out automatically for which architecture i'm building with some code in a Makefile (debian/rules)

export DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH ?= $(shell dpkg-architecture -qDEB_HOST_MULTIARCH)
but i fail to see how this works with cmake although i know, that a feature exists with whom you can pass environment variables to cmake like $ENV{variable} but i had no success with $ENV{DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH} so far.

I assume there is an easier way to find Bullet with Multiarch paths. Any ideas or hints?

Markus

adrian_broher
Programmer

Re: Getting FreeOrion into Debian for real

#2 Post by adrian_broher »

Instead of using the cmake/FindBullet.cmake script try to use the one provided by cmake.
Just delete it and if your cmake version is reasonable up to date it should pick up the one delivered with cmake.
Resident code gremlin
Attached patches are released under GPL 2.0 or later.
Git author: Marcel Metz

Apo
Space Squid

#3 Post by Apo »

Thank you for pointing this out. Indeed using FindBullet.cmake, that comes with Debian's cmake package, solved my problem.

Apo
Space Squid

#4 Post by Apo »

Work on the official Debian package is still ongoing but for everyone who is interested in an already working package of FreeOrion, here is the link to Debian's git repository.

http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg ... eorion.git

git://anonscm.debian.org/pkg-games/freeorion.git

You can obtain the upstream sources with debian/rules get-orig-source. I'm still trying to remove unneeded convenience copies of software that is already packaged for Debian. However, enjoy.

Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

#5 Post by Dilvish »

Apo wrote:Work on the official Debian package is still ongoing but for everyone who is interested in an already working package of FreeOrion, here is the link to Debian's git repository.

http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg ... eorion.git

git://anonscm.debian.org/pkg-games/freeorion.git

You can obtain the upstream sources with debian/rules get-orig-source. I'm still trying to remove unneeded convenience copies of software that is already packaged for Debian. However, enjoy.
This is terrific to have done (or in process), thanks!
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0

Nagilum
Release Manager, Design

#6 Post by Nagilum »

I'm trying to follow along here. I installed a fresh Debian Wheezy, added sid to sources.list and created /etc/preferences:

Package: *
Pin: release n=wheezy
Pin-Priority: 999

Package: *
Pin: release n=sid
Pin-Priority: 50
I installed the dependencies, checked out the git repo and FO rev 5771.
However dpkg-buildpackage has issues applying the patches. I probably made a mistake when creating the .tgz.
This is what I see:
root@debi386:~/freeorion# ls -l
total 4
drwxr-xr-x 5 root root 4096 Apr 25 23:13 debian
root@debi386:~/freeorion# dpkg-buildpackage
dpkg-buildpackage: source package freeorion
dpkg-buildpackage: source version 0.4.2+svn5771-1
dpkg-buildpackage: source changed by Markus Koschany <[email protected]>
dpkg-buildpackage: host architecture i386
dpkg-source --before-build freeorion
dpkg-source: info: using options from freeorion/debian/source/local-options: --unapply-patches
dpkg-source: info: using options from freeorion/debian/source/options: --compression=xz
debian/rules clean
dh clean --parallel --max-parallel=4 --sourcedirectory=FreeOrion --with python2
dh_testdir -O--parallel -O--max-parallel=4 -O--sourcedirectory=FreeOrion
dh_auto_clean -O--parallel -O--max-parallel=4 -O--sourcedirectory=FreeOrion
debian/rules override_dh_clean
make[1]: Entering directory `/root/freeorion'
dh_clean debian/*.png debian/*.xpm *.cfg FreeOrion/GG/GG/Config.h
rm -f -r usr
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/freeorion'
dpkg-source -b freeorion
dpkg-source: info: using options from freeorion/debian/source/local-options: --unapply-patches
dpkg-source: info: using options from freeorion/debian/source/options: --compression=xz
dpkg-source: info: using source format `3.0 (quilt)'
dpkg-source: info: building freeorion using existing ./freeorion_0.4.2+svn5771.orig.tar.gz
can't find file to patch at input line 19
Perhaps you used the wrong -p or --strip option?
The text leading up to this was:
--------------------------
|From: Dmitry Smirnov <[email protected]>
|Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 22:00:32 +0100
|Subject: GG_unbundle_libltdl
|
|Removes bundled "libltdl-dev" in order to use system one.
|
|Forwarded: not-needed
|
|---
| FreeOrion/GG/CMakeLists.txt | 33 ---------------------------------
| FreeOrion/GG/GG/PluginInterface.h | 6 +-----
| FreeOrion/GG/src/CMakeLists.txt | 9 ---------
| 3 files changed, 1 insertion(+), 47 deletions(-)
|
|diff --git a/FreeOrion/GG/CMakeLists.txt b/FreeOrion/GG/CMakeLists.txt
|index e35ecec..7cb4599 100644
|--- a/FreeOrion/GG/CMakeLists.txt
|+++ b/FreeOrion/GG/CMakeLists.txt
No file to patch. Skipping patch.
1 out of 1 hunk ignored
can't find file to patch at input line 63
|diff --git a/FreeOrion/GG/GG/PluginInterface.h b/FreeOrion/GG/GG/PluginInterface.h
|index dbcefdf..67ce03b 100644
|--- a/FreeOrion/GG/GG/PluginInterface.h
|+++ b/FreeOrion/GG/GG/PluginInterface.h
1 out of 1 hunk ignored
can't find file to patch at input line 80
|diff --git a/FreeOrion/GG/src/CMakeLists.txt b/FreeOrion/GG/src/CMakeLists.txt
|index dcd42fd..c1b215b 100644
|--- a/FreeOrion/GG/src/CMakeLists.txt
|+++ b/FreeOrion/GG/src/CMakeLists.txt
2 out of 2 hunks ignored
dpkg-source: info: fuzz is not allowed when applying patches
dpkg-source: info: if patch 'GG_unbundle_libltdl.patch' is correctly applied by quilt, use 'quilt refresh' to update it
dpkg-source: error: LC_ALL=C patch -t -F 0 -N -p1 -u -V never -g0 -E -b -B .pc/GG_unbundle_libltdl.patch/ --reject-file=- < freeorion.orig.pCfEra/debian/patches/GG_unbundle_libltdl.patch gave error exit status 1
dpkg-buildpackage: error: dpkg-source -b freeorion gave error exit status 2
The patches apply fine though:
root@debi386:~/freeorion# tar -xzvf ../freeorion_0.4.2+svn5771.orig.tar.gz
root@debi386:~/freeorion# patch -p1 <debian/patches/desktop-file.patch
patching file FreeOrion/freeorion.desktop
root@debi386:~/freeorion# patch -p1 <debian/patches/GG_unbundle_libltdl.patch
patching file FreeOrion/GG/CMakeLists.txt
patching file FreeOrion/GG/GG/PluginInterface.h
patching file FreeOrion/GG/src/CMakeLists.txt
root@debi386:~/freeorion# patch -p1 <debian/patches/GG_verbose_build.patch
patching file FreeOrion/GG/CMakeLists.txt
root@debi386:~/freeorion# patch -p1 <debian/patches/path_to_cfg.patch
patching file FreeOrion/client/human/chmain.cpp
root@debi386:~/freeorion# patch -p1 <debian/patches/spelling.patch
patching file FreeOrion/AI/AIInterface.cpp
patching file FreeOrion/UI/MapWnd.cpp
patching file FreeOrion/universe/System.h
Any pointers? Thanks.

adrian_broher
Programmer

#7 Post by adrian_broher »

Nagilum wrote:The patches apply fine though
No they don't with the fiven command line for patch

LC_ALL=C patch -t -F 0 -N -p1 -u -V never -g0 -E -b -B .pc/GG_unbundle_libltdl.patch/ --reject-file=- <
Mind the -F 0, which doesn't allow fuzzy application of patches. The problem is probably is caused by my modifications of the cmake files, changing the patch offsets.
Seems like Apo needs either to update the patches or relax the fuzziness used by dpkg-buildpackage.
Resident code gremlin
Attached patches are released under GPL 2.0 or later.
Git author: Marcel Metz

Apo
Space Squid

#8 Post by Apo »

Hello and thanks for testing!

I have seen no issues so far and the game compiles here. I wonder about the following lines you have posted:
dpkg-source: info: building freeorion using existing ./freeorion_0.4.2+svn5771.orig.tar.gz
Not a big issue but why did you change from xz compression to gz compression? Normally just using the command

debian/rules get-orig-source

should do everything automatically. However you need subversion and xz-utils to be installed.
can't find file to patch at input line 19
Perhaps your file to patch was in the wrong location. The package layout should be:

debian
FreeOrion

The patches apply here. Your can also refresh the patches, especially GG_unbundle_libtdl.patch. Rejecting fuzzy files is normal, i can't change that. :)

Besides you should use sid for compiling packages. Better make an upgrade before you compile FreeOrion. You could also try to create a chroot environment with schroot for example.

Nagilum
Release Manager, Design

#9 Post by Nagilum »

I didn't use debian/rules get-orig-source that's the problem!
Let me try again with that..
Thanks!

Nagilum
Release Manager, Design

#10 Post by Nagilum »

Some progress:

root@debi386:~/freeorion# dpkg-buildpackage
dpkg-buildpackage: source package freeorion
dpkg-buildpackage: source version 0.4.2+svn5771-1
dpkg-buildpackage: source changed by Markus Koschany <[email protected]>
dpkg-buildpackage: host architecture i386
 dpkg-source --before-build freeorion
 debian/rules clean
dh clean --parallel --max-parallel=4 --sourcedirectory=FreeOrion --with python2
   dh_testdir -O--parallel -O--max-parallel=4 -O--sourcedirectory=FreeOrion
   dh_auto_clean -O--parallel -O--max-parallel=4 -O--sourcedirectory=FreeOrion
   debian/rules override_dh_clean
make[1]: Entering directory `/root/freeorion'
dh_clean debian/*.png debian/*.xpm *.cfg FreeOrion/GG/GG/Config.h
rm -f -r usr
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/freeorion'
 dpkg-source -b freeorion
dpkg-source: info: using source format `3.0 (quilt)'
dpkg-source: info: building freeorion using existing ./freeorion_0.4.2+svn5771.orig.tar.xz
dpkg-source: error: cannot represent change to freeorion_0.4.2+svn5771.orig.tar.xz: binary file contents changed
dpkg-source: error: add freeorion_0.4.2+svn5771.orig.tar.xz in debian/source/include-binaries if you want to store the modified binary in the debian tarball
dpkg-source: error: cannot represent change to FreeOrion/default/DejaVuSans-BoldOblique.ttf: binary file contents changed
dpkg-source: error: add FreeOrion/default/DejaVuSans-BoldOblique.ttf in debian/source/include-binaries if you want to store the modified binary in the debian tarball
dpkg-source: error: cannot represent change to FreeOrion/default/DejaVuSans-Bold.ttf: binary file contents changed
dpkg-source: error: add FreeOrion/default/DejaVuSans-Bold.ttf in debian/source/include-binaries if you want to store the modified binary in the debian tarball
dpkg-source: error: cannot represent change to FreeOrion/default/DejaVuSans.ttf: binary file contents changed
dpkg-source: error: add FreeOrion/default/DejaVuSans.ttf in debian/source/include-binaries if you want to store the modified binary in the debian tarball
dpkg-source: error: cannot represent change to FreeOrion/default/DejaVuSans-Oblique.ttf: binary file contents changed
dpkg-source: error: add FreeOrion/default/DejaVuSans-Oblique.ttf in debian/source/include-binaries if you want to store the modified binary in the debian tarball
dpkg-source: warning: executable mode 0755 of 'FreeOrion/GG/libltdl/config.sub' will not be represented in diff
dpkg-source: warning: executable mode 0755 of 'FreeOrion/GG/libltdl/install-sh' will not be represented in diff
dpkg-source: warning: executable mode 0755 of 'FreeOrion/GG/libltdl/mkinstalldirs' will not be represented in diff
dpkg-source: warning: executable mode 0755 of 'FreeOrion/GG/libltdl/ltmain.sh' will not be represented in diff
dpkg-source: warning: executable mode 0755 of 'FreeOrion/GG/libltdl/config.guess' will not be represented in diff
dpkg-source: warning: executable mode 0755 of 'FreeOrion/GG/libltdl/missing' will not be represented in diff
dpkg-source: warning: executable mode 0755 of 'FreeOrion/GG/libltdl/configure' will not be represented in diff
dpkg-source: warning: executable mode 0755 of 'FreeOrion/loki_setup/setup.sh' will not be represented in diff
dpkg-source: warning: executable mode 0755 of 'FreeOrion/loki_setup/freeorion-wrapper' will not be represented in diff
dpkg-source: warning: executable mode 0755 of 'FreeOrion/loki_setup/setup.data/config.sh' will not be represented in diff
dpkg-source: error: cannot represent change to FreeOrion/loki_setup/setup.data/logo.png: binary file contents changed
dpkg-source: error: add FreeOrion/loki_setup/setup.data/logo.png in debian/source/include-binaries if you want to store the modified binary in the debian tarball
dpkg-source: error: cannot represent change to FreeOrion/loki_setup/setup.data/locale/de/LC_MESSAGES/setup.mo: binary file contents changed
dpkg-source: error: add FreeOrion/loki_setup/setup.data/locale/de/LC_MESSAGES/setup.mo in debian/source/include-binaries if you want to store the modified binary in the debian tarball
dpkg-source: error: cannot represent change to FreeOrion/loki_setup/setup.data/locale/de/LC_MESSAGES/loki-uninstall.mo: binary file contents changed
dpkg-source: error: add FreeOrion/loki_setup/setup.data/locale/de/LC_MESSAGES/loki-uninstall.mo in debian/source/include-binaries if you want to store the modified binary in the debian tarball
dpkg-source: error: cannot represent change to FreeOrion/loki_setup/setup.data/locale/it/LC_MESSAGES/setup.mo: binary file contents changed
dpkg-source: error: add FreeOrion/loki_setup/setup.data/locale/it/LC_MESSAGES/setup.mo in debian/source/include-binaries if you want to store the modified binary in the debian tarball
dpkg-source: error: cannot represent change to FreeOrion/loki_setup/setup.data/locale/it/LC_MESSAGES/loki-uninstall.mo: binary file contents changed
dpkg-source: error: add FreeOrion/loki_setup/setup.data/locale/it/LC_MESSAGES/loki-uninstall.mo in debian/source/include-binaries if you want to store the modified binary in the debian tarball
dpkg-source: error: cannot represent change to FreeOrion/loki_setup/setup.data/locale/es/LC_MESSAGES/setup.mo: binary file contents changed
dpkg-source: error: add FreeOrion/loki_setup/setup.data/locale/es/LC_MESSAGES/setup.mo in debian/source/include-binaries if you want to store the modified binary in the debian tarball
dpkg-source: error: cannot represent change to FreeOrion/loki_setup/setup.data/locale/es/LC_MESSAGES/loki-uninstall.mo: binary file contents changed
dpkg-source: error: add FreeOrion/loki_setup/setup.data/locale/es/LC_MESSAGES/loki-uninstall.mo in debian/source/include-binaries if you want to store the modified binary in the debian tarball
dpkg-source: error: cannot represent change to FreeOrion/loki_setup/setup.data/locale/ru/LC_MESSAGES/setup.mo: binary file contents changed
dpkg-source: error: add FreeOrion/loki_setup/setup.data/locale/ru/LC_MESSAGES/setup.mo in debian/source/include-binaries if you want to store the modified binary in the debian tarball
dpkg-source: error: cannot represent change to FreeOrion/loki_setup/setup.data/locale/ru/LC_MESSAGES/loki-uninstall.mo: binary file contents changed
dpkg-source: error: add FreeOrion/loki_setup/setup.data/locale/ru/LC_MESSAGES/loki-uninstall.mo in debian/source/include-binaries if you want to store the modified binary in the debian tarball
dpkg-source: error: cannot represent change to FreeOrion/loki_setup/setup.data/locale/en_GB/LC_MESSAGES/setup.mo: binary file contents changed
dpkg-source: error: add FreeOrion/loki_setup/setup.data/locale/en_GB/LC_MESSAGES/setup.mo in debian/source/include-binaries if you want to store the modified binary in the debian tarball
dpkg-source: error: cannot represent change to FreeOrion/loki_setup/setup.data/locale/en_GB/LC_MESSAGES/loki-uninstall.mo: binary file contents changed
dpkg-source: error: add FreeOrion/loki_setup/setup.data/locale/en_GB/LC_MESSAGES/loki-uninstall.mo in debian/source/include-binaries if you want to store the modified binary in the debian tarball
dpkg-source: error: cannot represent change to FreeOrion/loki_setup/setup.data/locale/nl/LC_MESSAGES/setup.mo: binary file contents changed
dpkg-source: error: add FreeOrion/loki_setup/setup.data/locale/nl/LC_MESSAGES/setup.mo in debian/source/include-binaries if you want to store the modified binary in the debian tarball
dpkg-source: error: cannot represent change to FreeOrion/loki_setup/setup.data/locale/nl/LC_MESSAGES/loki-uninstall.mo: binary file contents changed
dpkg-source: error: add FreeOrion/loki_setup/setup.data/locale/nl/LC_MESSAGES/loki-uninstall.mo in debian/source/include-binaries if you want to store the modified binary in the debian tarball
dpkg-source: error: cannot represent change to FreeOrion/loki_setup/setup.data/locale/sv/LC_MESSAGES/setup.mo: binary file contents changed
dpkg-source: error: add FreeOrion/loki_setup/setup.data/locale/sv/LC_MESSAGES/setup.mo in debian/source/include-binaries if you want to store the modified binary in the debian tarball
dpkg-source: error: cannot represent change to FreeOrion/loki_setup/setup.data/locale/sv/LC_MESSAGES/loki-uninstall.mo: binary file contents changed
dpkg-source: error: add FreeOrion/loki_setup/setup.data/locale/sv/LC_MESSAGES/loki-uninstall.mo in debian/source/include-binaries if you want to store the modified binary in the debian tarball
dpkg-source: error: cannot represent change to FreeOrion/loki_setup/setup.data/locale/fr/LC_MESSAGES/setup.mo: binary file contents changed
dpkg-source: error: add FreeOrion/loki_setup/setup.data/locale/fr/LC_MESSAGES/setup.mo in debian/source/include-binaries if you want to store the modified binary in the debian tarball
dpkg-source: error: cannot represent change to FreeOrion/loki_setup/setup.data/locale/fr/LC_MESSAGES/loki-uninstall.mo: binary file contents changed
dpkg-source: error: add FreeOrion/loki_setup/setup.data/locale/fr/LC_MESSAGES/loki-uninstall.mo in debian/source/include-binaries if you want to store the modified binary in the debian tarball
dpkg-source: error: cannot represent change to FreeOrion/loki_setup/setup.data/bin/Linux/x86/uninstall: binary file contents changed
dpkg-source: error: add FreeOrion/loki_setup/setup.data/bin/Linux/x86/uninstall in debian/source/include-binaries if you want to store the modified binary in the debian tarball
dpkg-source: error: cannot represent change to FreeOrion/loki_setup/setup.data/bin/Linux/x86/setup: binary file contents changed
dpkg-source: error: add FreeOrion/loki_setup/setup.data/bin/Linux/x86/setup in debian/source/include-binaries if you want to store the modified binary in the debian tarball
dpkg-source: error: cannot represent change to FreeOrion/loki_setup/setup.data/bin/Linux/x86/glibc-2.1/setup.gtk2: binary file contents changed
dpkg-source: error: add FreeOrion/loki_setup/setup.data/bin/Linux/x86/glibc-2.1/setup.gtk2 in debian/source/include-binaries if you want to store the modified binary in the debian tarball
dpkg-source: error: cannot represent change to FreeOrion/loki_setup/setup.data/bin/Linux/x86/glibc-2.1/setup.gtk: binary file contents changed
dpkg-source: error: add FreeOrion/loki_setup/setup.data/bin/Linux/x86/glibc-2.1/setup.gtk in debian/source/include-binaries if you want to store the modified binary in the debian tarball
dpkg-source: warning: file freeorion/FreeOrion/msvc2010/make_versioncpp.py has no final newline (either original or modified version)
dpkg-source: warning: file freeorion/FreeOrion/msvc2010/GiGiOgre/GiGiOgre.vcxproj has no final newline (either original or modified version)
dpkg-source: warning: file freeorion/FreeOrion/msvc2010/GiGiOgre/GiGiOgre.vcxproj.filters has no final newline (either original or modified version)
dpkg-source: warning: file freeorion/FreeOrion/msvc2010/FreeOrionCA/FreeOrionCA.vcxproj.filters has no final newline (either original or modified version)
dpkg-source: warning: file freeorion/FreeOrion/msvc2010/FreeOrionCA/FreeOrionCA.vcxproj has no final newline (either original or modified version)
dpkg-source: warning: file freeorion/FreeOrion/msvc2010/FreeOrion/FreeOrion.vcxproj.filters has no final newline (either original or modified version)
dpkg-source: warning: file freeorion/FreeOrion/msvc2010/FreeOrion/FreeOrion.vcxproj has no final newline (either original or modified version)
dpkg-source: warning: file freeorion/FreeOrion/msvc2010/GiGiOgrePlugin_OIS/GiGiOgrePlugin_OIS.vcxproj.filters has no final newline (either original or modified version)
dpkg-source: warning: file freeorion/FreeOrion/msvc2010/GiGiOgrePlugin_OIS/GiGiOgrePlugin_OIS.vcxproj has no final newline (either original or modified version)
dpkg-source: warning: file freeorion/FreeOrion/msvc2010/Parsers/Parsers.vcxproj.filters has no final newline (either original or modified version)
dpkg-source: warning: file freeorion/FreeOrion/msvc2010/Parsers/Parsers.vcxproj has no final newline (either original or modified version)
dpkg-source: warning: file freeorion/FreeOrion/msvc2010/FreeOrionD/FreeOrionD.vcxproj has no final newline (either original or modified version)
dpkg-source: warning: file freeorion/FreeOrion/msvc2010/FreeOrionD/FreeOrionD.vcxproj.filters has no final newline (either original or modified version)
dpkg-source: warning: file freeorion/FreeOrion/msvc2010/GiGi/GiGi.vcxproj has no final newline (either original or modified version)
dpkg-source: warning: file freeorion/FreeOrion/msvc2010/GiGi/GiGi.vcxproj.filters has no final newline (either original or modified version)
dpkg-source: warning: file freeorion/FreeOrion/msvc2010/OIS/OIS.vcxproj has no final newline (either original or modified version)
dpkg-source: warning: file freeorion/FreeOrion/msvc2010/OIS/OIS.vcxproj.filters has no final newline (either original or modified version)
dpkg-source: warning: file freeorion/FreeOrion/msvc2010/Common/Common.vcxproj has no final newline (either original or modified version)
dpkg-source: warning: file freeorion/FreeOrion/msvc2010/Common/Common.vcxproj.filters has no final newline (either original or modified version)
dpkg-source: warning: file freeorion/FreeOrion/msvc2010/log4cpp/log4cpp.vcxproj has no final newline (either original or modified version)
dpkg-source: warning: file freeorion/FreeOrion/msvc2010/log4cpp/log4cpp.vcxproj.filters has no final newline (either original or modified version)
dpkg-source: warning: executable mode 0755 of 'FreeOrion/linux-static/configure.sh' will not be represented in diff
dpkg-source: warning: executable mode 0755 of 'FreeOrion/linux-static/copy_binaries_dyn.sh' will not be represented in diff
dpkg-source: warning: executable mode 0755 of 'FreeOrion/linux-static/mdist.sh' will not be represented in diff
dpkg-source: warning: executable mode 0755 of 'FreeOrion/linux-static/build.sh' will not be represented in diff
dpkg-source: warning: executable mode 0755 of 'FreeOrion/linux-static/copy_binaries.sh' will not be represented in diff
dpkg-source: warning: executable mode 0755 of 'FreeOrion/linux-static/GG_build.sh' will not be represented in diff
dpkg-source: warning: executable mode 0755 of 'FreeOrion/linux-static/link.sh' will not be represented in diff
dpkg-source: warning: file freeorion/FreeOrion/linux-static/copy_data.sh has no final newline (either original or modified version)
dpkg-source: warning: executable mode 0755 of 'FreeOrion/linux-static/copy_data.sh' will not be represented in diff
dpkg-source: warning: executable mode 0755 of 'FreeOrion/linux-static/copy_setup.sh' will not be represented in diff
dpkg-source: warning: file freeorion/FreeOrion/linux-static/copy_python.sh has no final newline (either original or modified version)
dpkg-source: warning: executable mode 0755 of 'FreeOrion/linux-static/copy_python.sh' will not be represented in diff
dpkg-source: warning: executable mode 0755 of 'FreeOrion/linux-static/copy_binaries_nostrip.sh' will not be represented in diff
dpkg-source: warning: executable mode 0755 of 'FreeOrion/linux-static/GG/build.sh' will not be represented in diff
dpkg-source: warning: file freeorion/FreeOrion/Installer/FreeOrion_Install_Script.nsi has no final newline (either original or modified version)
dpkg-source: warning: file freeorion/FreeOrion/OIS/ReadMe.txt has no final newline (either original or modified version)
dpkg-source: error: unrepresentable changes to source
dpkg-buildpackage: error: dpkg-source -b freeorion gave error exit status 2
Do you think you could host this on GitHub?

Apo
Space Squid

#11 Post by Apo »

I will upload the deb packages and the source version of FreeOrion to a ftp server tomorrow. I think that's the easiest solution.

Apo
Space Squid

#12 Post by Apo »

I have uploaded the sources and the deb packages to a ftp server.

You can download the sources with

dget -x ftp://46.182.19.209/freeorion/freeorion_0.4.2+svn5771-1.dsc
amd64:

ftp://46.182.19.209/freeorion/freeorion ... _amd64.deb
ftp://46.182.19.209/freeorion/freeorion ... -1_all.deb

Note this is an unofficial version and it was simply made for testing purposes. I will remove the packages as soon as FreeOrion is downloadable from the official archive.

Nagilum
Release Manager, Design

#13 Post by Nagilum »

Just finished a pbuilder build which gave me two packages after installing gave me a working FreeOrion on i386 Debian Wheezy - finally *yay*. :)
http://www.nagilum.org/freeorion_0.4.2+ ... 1_i386.deb
http://www.nagilum.org/freeorion-data_0 ... -1_all.deb

Apo
Space Squid

#14 Post by Apo »

Nice! :)

Also nice to see that FreeOrion builds on i386. Do you know by chance which platforms are officially supported or on what other platforms FreeOrion has already been successfully built?

Nagilum
Release Manager, Design

#15 Post by Nagilum »

I don't think there is any "official" policy so far but besides the Windows and MacOS versions I've been providing builds for i386 and amd64 Ubuntu compatible Linux. But there isn't any low level language stuff in there so it should - in theory - build everywhere you can get the dependencies compiled and everyone is invited to do so.