Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
yorev
Space Floater

#1 Post by yorev »

hi

2 troubles for the moment

i have found technos:

plasma1 and not avaible in design/ship parts
infrastructure ecology and not the speed bonus +20

MiniMe
Space Squid

Re: 6214

#2 Post by MiniMe »

Concerning the speed modifiers:
- What is the reason for the "Unknown" speed malus?
- I've got a stack with organic hulls (all with +4 troop pods). Some are piloted by Egassem, some by Chato. The Chato get the "Unknown" malus, the Egassem do not.
- As yorev has mentioned, the "Infrastructure Ecology" bonus is missing.

Then i do not understand these modifiers:
- Why the "Egassem Ultimate Industry" malus?
- What is "Unknown"? I see this modifier in almost every planet but havent been able to figure out why/when it gets applied.

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

#3 Post by Geoff the Medio »

MiniMe wrote:- What is "Unknown"?
Unknown contributions to meter values are the difference between what your client thinks the meter value should be and what the server told your client it actually is. It could be due to unknown sources of modifications that your empire can't detect and thus your client doesn't know about, or could be due to problematic scripting of effects that create dependencies on current meter values on subsequent target meter values or other current meter values, so that the server and client are basing their calculations on different starting points. There is also often a turn or two of "Unknown" showing up as things settle down after starting or loading a game. And if something uses a reference to the current turn or the age of something, there might be a change the the "current turn" between when meters are estimated on the server and when the client is subsequently estimating them.
- Why the "Egassem Ultimate Industry" malus?
Egassem have "Ultimate Industry" which multiplies the industry meter by 4. Prior to that multiplication, there were two other effects that had a combined total of -0.38. -0.38 x 4 = -1.52 and the difference between -1.52 and -0.38 is -1.14, which is equal to the effect listed (within rounding error).

yorev
Space Floater

#4 Post by yorev »

silmaline crystals

focalised on grow that's ok give the bonus
but focalised on industry doesn't give the bonus

MiniMe
Space Squid

#5 Post by MiniMe »

Thanks for explaining @ Geoff!

Concerning the negative "Egassem Ultimate Industry" modifier i noticed that it only shows negative the first turn after colonization, then it turns positive.
Therefore, it doesnt really bother. But i believe this is a minor bug of some sort since i cannot think of any negative production modifier (ie. planet specials, techs, etc).

Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

#6 Post by Dilvish »

MiniMe wrote:But i believe this is a minor bug of some sort since i cannot think of any negative production modifier (ie. planet specials, techs, etc).
Not a bug; the recently added Xenophobic Harrassment is what drove production negative at first. It's mostly a proportional modifier, but it also has a fixed -1 offset in it.
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

#7 Post by Geoff the Medio »

MiniMe wrote:Concerning the speed modifiers:
- What is the reason for the "Unknown" speed malus?
- I've got a stack with organic hulls (all with +4 troop pods). Some are piloted by Egassem, some by Chato. The Chato get the "Unknown" malus, the Egassem do not.
Works fine in my simple tests. Maybe attach a save that reproduces the issue?

MiniMe
Space Squid

#8 Post by MiniMe »

I dont have that old save anymore, but here is one with the latest RC1 (6257), Windows 7, Full Installer.

The fleet in "Ishtar" (left border) shows the mentioned problems.
Attachments
FreeOrion_MiniMe_MiniMe_0200_20130724_095833.zip
(643.01 KiB) Downloaded 87 times

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

#9 Post by Vezzra »

Ok, I think I got Infrastructure Ecology fixed. The effectsgroups part of the tech looked like this:

Code: Select all

effectsgroups = EffectsGroup
            scope = And [
                Ship
                OwnedBy TheEmpire Source.Owner
                WithinDistance 50 And [
                    Planet
                    StarlaneSpeed low = 1 // Immobile objects do not get the starlane speed boost.
                ]
            ]
        effects = SetStarlaneSpeed Value + 20
Obviously the StarlaneSpeed condition is misplaced, it's actually checking the starlane speed of the planets that need to be nearby, instead the starlane speed of the ship. So that can't possibly work. I corrected that:

Code: Select all

effectsgroups = EffectsGroup
            scope = And [
                Ship
                StarlaneSpeed low = 1 // Immobile objects do not get the starlane speed boost.
                WithinDistance 50 And [
                    Planet
                ]
            ]
        effects = SetStarlaneSpeed Value + 20
@MiniMe: If you load your game with this fix implemented, the Infrastructure Ecology speed bonus does show up, however, now the "unknown" malus is -40. Most likely due to the fact that you need to execute a turn for this value to be recalculated server-side. If you do that (execute a turn), then the "unknown" malus disappears completely, so not only the Infrastructure Ecology speed bonus, but also the one from the Interstellar Lighthouse is applied correctly.

Why the Interstellar Lighthouse speed bonus apparently wasn't applied server-side (most probable cause for the "unknown" malus of -20) in the first place I don't know. I didn't fix anything with this building. Anyway, seems to work now.

Committed, rev 6260.
Geoff the Medio wrote:Works fine in my simple tests.
The Infrastructure Ecology speed bonus too? That shouldn't be possible (given the faulty scope condition). Or did you only test the Interstellar Lighthouse?

MiniMe
Space Squid

#10 Post by MiniMe »

Thanks for looking into it.
Since i do not know how to apply patches i will test the lighthouse when there is a new release :)