Goodbye

Talk about anything and everything related or unrelated to the FreeOrion project, especially Strategy Games.

Moderator: Oberlus

Nightfish
FreeOrion Designer / Space Monster

Goodbye

#1 Post by Nightfish »

Well, just wanted to post a quick message to let you know that I'm leaving FreeOrion. Good luck with the project, though! See ya! :wink:

Zanzibar
Psionic Snowflake

#2 Post by Zanzibar »

No!! You can't go. The drones love you...

utilae
Cosmic Dragon

#3 Post by utilae »

First Drek and then NightFish, we need a new design team. :lol:

JosEPh
Krill Swarm

#4 Post by JosEPh »

Why? :(

Is it becoming to hard to make Free Orion?

Tyreth
FreeOrion Lead Emeritus

#5 Post by Tyreth »

Sorry to see you go. It's been great having your help and enthusiasm with this project. Be sure to keep checking out the project, and don't forget us :wink: We won't forget you.

drek
Designer Emeritus

#6 Post by drek »

I'm still watching things btw, checking in about once a week.

Aquitaine
Lead Designer Emeritus

#7 Post by Aquitaine »

I'm sorry to see Nightfish go, and I hope he returns before long. One way or another, we'll have a Nightfish in this game!

As we pick up momentum -- and probably after v0.1 is released -- we'll be filling out the design team a little more, although, if you look at the definitions of the roles (I think on the general announcements board? maybe the archive? I forget) you'll see that there's not a whole lot in the way of official duties - mostly just increased time and some moderation duties.

If you're interested, just remain an active contributor. We have two types of positions - the core designers (of which we have traditionally had two or three) and the creative team, which is a larger group who will get credited in the game. Anyway, sometime over the next eight weeks, I'll get in touch with people about this, so don't worry about it now.
Surprise and Terror! I am greeted by the smooth and hostile face of our old enemy, the Hootmans! No... the Huge-glands, no, I remember, the Hunams!

Nightfish
FreeOrion Designer / Space Monster

#8 Post by Nightfish »

Don't worry Tyreth, I won't forget you people and the project, either. ;) I'm still checking the site from time to time.

MuaDib
Space Floater

#9 Post by MuaDib »

So ... what's this place all about then ?

Underling
Space Squid

#10 Post by Underling »

MuaDib wrote:So ... what's this place all about then ?
Good to see you again MauDib. How's life in the Neo-Cove?

As for this place, it seems that the non-covers who were scarred and dissatisfied by the IGMoo fiasco deciced to take matters into their own hands and build a game more in line with what they wanted.

I'm a little of a Johny-come-lately here since I missed the first few months of the development process, so others could probably tell you more. I will say that there seems to be some darn talented and creative people around here. The first pre-alpha release and many of the development threads have me pretty excited. Check it out for yourself.

The Underling

MuaDib
Space Floater

#11 Post by MuaDib »

Neo-cove is all good, although I was away for a significant amount of time to effect some major changes IRL.

Having successfully completed those I can once more pay attention to important things like : Thai girls, the size of my gut and games.

I will certainly be following this development with interest ...

:D
Smoke me a Kipper ... I'll be back for Breakfast.