playtesting git

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

Re: playtesting git

#31 Post by Vezzra »

pheldens wrote:with current checkout, it still happens
Yes, mel hasn't created a PR yet. But she intends to do so this week, if I understood her correctly.

pheldens
Pupating Mass

#32 Post by pheldens »

ok thanks

mel_o
Space Floater

#33 Post by mel_o »

I've managed to come across the fleet window thing once but haven't been able to reproduce it intentionally, it'll take some time to figure out without reliable reproduction steps...

(It's not the same issue that you were having before btw Vezzra)
Unless stated otherwise, code and scripts provided by me are released under GNU GPL 2.0 (or later) and other content is released under CC BY-SA 3.0.

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

#34 Post by Vezzra »

mel_o wrote:(It's not the same issue that you were having before btw Vezzra)
Oh, ok...

pheldens
Pupating Mass

#35 Post by pheldens »

I think the problem is now gone from current git

- edit no its still there sry
Last edited by pheldens on Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

pheldens
Pupating Mass

#36 Post by pheldens »

"There are defenseless natives at Planet X go invade them!"

This message is displayed even when the planet is still cloaked and you are not aware of said colony.

MatGB
Creative Contributor

#37 Post by MatGB »

pheldens wrote:"There are defenseless natives at Planet X go invade them!"

This message is displayed even when the planet is still cloaked and you are not aware of said colony.
I've just started getting that, I appear to have a Furthest infestation in my new game. I shall try to change that.
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

#38 Post by Vezzra »

pheldens wrote:This message is displayed even when the planet is still cloaked and you are not aware of said colony.
Well, when you encounter a scanlined (that is, stealthed) planet, you already know that there is something down there. You just don't know the exact species, so the message doesn't really give anything away...

MatGB
Creative Contributor

#39 Post by MatGB »

Vezzra wrote:
pheldens wrote:This message is displayed even when the planet is still cloaked and you are not aware of said colony.
Well, when you encounter a scanlined (that is, stealthed) planet, you already know that there is something down there. You just don't know the exact species, so the message doesn't really give anything away...
True, but when you can't invade it for a fair bit it's annoying, I'd rather have a different message, however...

Code: Select all

EffectsGroup
    scope = And [
        Planet
        Species
        UnOwned
        MaxDefense high = 0
        Stealth high = Source.Detection
        ContainedBy And [
            System
            Not Contains Monster
        ]
        Or [ 
            VisibleToEmpire empire = Source.Owner
            ExploredByEmpire empire = Source.Owner
        ]
    ]
    activation = Source
    effects =
        GenerateSitRepMessage
            message = "There are defenseless natives at %planet%!  Go invade them with <encyclopedia TROOP_TITLE>Troops</encyclopedia>!"
            label = "Custom_4"
            NoStringtableLookup
            icon = "icons/meter/troops.png"
            parameters = [
                tag = "planet" data = Target.ID
            ]
            empire = Source.Owner
Doesn't work, it already contained the visible to empire line, but the attempt to gate it by stealth isn't doing anything for me, tried a few variants and they all crash the game so they're useless (my scripting skills still quite poor).

Any ideas?
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

#40 Post by Vezzra »

What does "Detection" refer to? The source objects detection range or the empires detection strength?

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

#41 Post by Geoff the Medio »

Vezzra wrote:

What does "Detection" refer to? The source objects detection range or the empires detection strength?
Source.Detection is the value of the source object's detection meter, which is its detection range.

mel_o
Space Floater

#42 Post by mel_o »

pheldens wrote:I think the problem is now gone from current git

- edit no its still there sry
Figured out how to get it:
  • Select a fleet that's at a system with no other fleets but has been ordered to move somewhere else (and won't stop at a system next turn), might also happen in some other situations
  • Open the production window
  • Advance a turn
  • Close the production window (without opening any other windows on the toolbar)
  • Fleet windows don't show up until you select a fleet (might have to be a different fleet) and open another window or open & close the production window.
If that was the issue you were having then I've fixed it and it'll (hopefully lol) get into the next release.
Unless stated otherwise, code and scripts provided by me are released under GNU GPL 2.0 (or later) and other content is released under CC BY-SA 3.0.

MatGB
Creative Contributor

#43 Post by MatGB »

Geoff the Medio wrote:
Vezzra wrote:

Source.Detection is the value of the source object's detection meter, which is its detection range.
RIGHT.

OK, um, what's detection strength then? Hmm, techs that increase it use

Source.Owner meter = "METER_DETECTION_STRENGTH"
So that should work?
Mat Bowles

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

#44 Post by Vezzra »

mel_o wrote:If that was the issue you were having then I've fixed it and it'll (hopefully lol) get into the next release.
It will have to. It's a fix for a known bug in master, so even if you won't get your PR up before the deadline on Sunday, it'll still be merged into the release branch. That's not the kind of bug I'd want to leave as a "known issue".

However, that's not meant as an invitation to relax, I'd much appreciate it if you could get your PR up in time so we can merge it before I create the release branch ;)

Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

#45 Post by Dilvish »

mel_o wrote:If that was the issue you were having then I've fixed it and it'll (hopefully lol) get into the next release.
If you're not certain about having time to clean things up as much as you would like for a PR, please at least push your branch with this work to your GitHub fork, so we'd at least have a chance to make a last-minute decision about whether or not to just take it as it is.
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0