Derelict Scout

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
Scara
Space Kraken

Derelict Scout

#1 Post by Scara »

Hey,

I had the feeling of scouting systems that I couldn't see at that point but didn't know why.
I think I found out know, it seems to be the effect of the Derelict Scout.
It increases the scouting radius, but the effect seems to be taken to the next system on the route that is 1 jump away in my case.
The increased scouting radius isn't visible any more but systems are, that weren't before.
I got the derelict scout in deep space at the mousepointer and had view half way to thalassa, so thalassa and rigel weren't visible.
Going to Zibal they suddenly got visible, clearly not being in scouting range yet.
derelictscout.png
derelictscout.png (189.45 KiB) Viewed 594 times

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

Re: Derelict Scout

#2 Post by Vezzra »

Sounds like a bug... can you open an issue at github? I'm not sure anyone will be able to investigate this little problem soon, and I don't want this report to be buried here on the forum.

Scara
Space Kraken

#3 Post by Scara »

Hey,

yeah I will, but I haven't done this before.
Just make a Account at github to log in and then put my post in there with the png, at the freeorion project issue section, is that right?

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

#4 Post by Vezzra »

Scara wrote:Just make a Account at github to log in and then put my post in there with the png, at the freeorion project issue section, is that right?
Almost, to be precise it is the issue section of the freeorion repo of the freeorion organizational account (freeorion/freeorion). The FreeOrion project on github has several repos, you need to use the issue section of the main repo ("freeorion").

Thanks!

Scara
Space Kraken

#5 Post by Scara »

mem359
Dyson Forest

#6 Post by mem359 »

I just got the same effect.
The "Derelict Scout" increased radius lasted into the next turn through the move (lighting up systems that would normally be out of range), and returned to normal when the moves/updates were over.