Weapon Tier Update

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
Scara
Space Kraken

Weapon Tier Update

#1 Post by Scara »

Hi!

Playing build.5f8c27f.
I noticed changes in the weapon tier update on ships, upon researching new tiers.
First they seemed to be update when connected to a supplyline. It certainly did.
This game it seems I have the problem of them not updating, even having the ships parked on an orbital drydock.
As I click next turn they shortly appear with the actual researched tier, but are then set back again to the original values!

The Silent One
Graphics

Re: Weapon Tier Update

#2 Post by The Silent One »

Yes, I can confirm this.
If I provided any images, code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0.

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

#3 Post by Vezzra »

Please open a respective issue on github.

Scara
Space Kraken

#4 Post by Scara »

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

#5 Post by Vezzra »

Thanks again :)

MatGB
Creative Contributor

#6 Post by MatGB »

I had noticed this, I suspect it's related to a bugfix Geoff put in for a different problem, however on loading a savegame all my ships now seem to be at correct strength, can anyone else confirm?

I had hoped to get something into combat to see if it was a client display or actual issue but can't now.
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Scara
Space Kraken

#7 Post by Scara »

Hey,

same build 5f8c27f. Tried loading the savegame, but the ships still haven't updated their weapons.
Looks like this:
wtu.png
wtu.png (444.42 KiB) Viewed 1286 times
I can offer the savegame...

MatGB
Creative Contributor

#8 Post by MatGB »

Doesn't matter, was a theory, I actually found some ships I hadn't checked that hadn't updated.

Putting them into combat gave me numbers that made no sense at all but were different to what was displaying, I thought it might be just a display issue but instead I got strange results that weren't what they should be or what they were displaying. In a different combat an AI ship displaying Mass Drivers at strength 1 each (???) had one combat with strength 3, then moved to a different system where they each shot at strength 2.
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Scara
Space Kraken

#9 Post by Scara »

I updated to build.0731e53 and loaded the save game from build 5f8c27f.
First the ships had their old tier damages. Now they did updated, but not at once. I couldn't exactly tell if it was one ship updated per turn, but that would fit about the ships that needed update...
The sceeny was in turn 85, turn 91 I found one ship left with an old tier damage. I kept focused on that ship, when turning over it updated to tier 4 damage...

Scara
Space Kraken

#10 Post by Scara »

What actually should be required that ships weapons get updated? Supplyline connection, populated Planet or even a drydock?
As the Weapontier update was introduced it seemed like a Supplyline connection to the ship was required.

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

#11 Post by Vezzra »

Scara wrote:What actually should be required that ships weapons get updated?
The ship needs to be within supply. If that doesn't work, we're dealing with a bug here (which is obviously the case).

Toastmartin
Space Floater

#12 Post by Toastmartin »

Uhh, that sounds interesting. Do you have a list of changes for the test builds somewhere? At least for the big changes?

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

#13 Post by Vezzra »

Toastmartin wrote:Do you have a list of changes for the test builds somewhere? At least for the big changes?
Sorry, we don't maintain a separate changelog. If you want to keep track of the changes, look at the commit log.