may 13 2016

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
godel
Space Dragon

may 13 2016

#1 Post by godel »

re: Recent Windows Builds: Thanks for these.
Eaxau (pokemon rock snake) is much too powerful wins all battles, needs a handicap or two.
When I first started some of the research tree was hidden.
And every game needs rebooting as the things that can be purchased list gets destroyed. That happened at least 3 times in a 200 turn game.
But thanks for all the recent good stuff added.

MatGB
Creative Contributor

Re: may 13 2016

#2 Post by MatGB »

godel wrote:re: Recent Windows Builds: Thanks for these.
Eaxau (pokemon rock snake) is much too powerful wins all battles, needs a handicap or two.
They have several already, I don't think they're that powerful compared to races with other advantages, I toned down the weapon bonus relatively recently anyway.
When I first started some of the research tree was hidden.
That's, unfortunately, normal, I dislike that the locked and partially unlocked stuff defaults to toggled off, but others prefer it and it's not my call.
And every game needs rebooting as the things that can be purchased list gets destroyed. That happened at least 3 times in a 200 turn game.
This sounds like a weird bug, can you expand on what you mean/post a screenshot? I've never had a problem of that nature but I'm on a different platform.
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

godel
Space Dragon

Re: may 13 2016

#3 Post by godel »

Sucks I have had this problem every game. OK next time it happens I will post a screen shot.
And way back someone advised me to reboot the game (and better, the computer) each time it happened.

Basically I was told that the memory must have gotten scrambled.

But most times when I can not buy ships, troops, or shipyards it is this not racial preferences. I do understand that there are times when there is a cause for such. But not always.

I guess I need two screen shots one prior one after reboot.