Small things I noticed

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
Bromstarzan
Dyson Forest

Small things I noticed

#1 Post by Bromstarzan »

I'll try to collect my small observations in this thread:

First out: Build 160419.1fe183d

Cosmetic: Link marker has missed 's' in the text "Organic Hulls" and I suppose the following text is missing 'to' as in '...are able to collect...".
| i7 7700K [email protected] | GTX 1080 Ti | RAM: 32GB | PSU: 750w | W10 x64 | 2xAcer1920x1080 |

MatGB
Creative Contributor

Re: Small things I noticed

#2 Post by MatGB »

It actually needs substantial rewording, and probably have an expansion article somewhere, its' not just for the basic ORganic Hull, it's for the entire Organic Line of ships up to and including Sentient. The link not including the s is inevitable though, it's linking to an article name so is coded

Code: Select all

SHP_ORGANIC_WAR_ADAPTION_DESC
It seems [[tech SHP_ORG_HULL]]s are able collect photonic energy which can be redirected to empower certain ship systems.
The missing 'to' is definitely meant to be there though.

I think we need a series of articles (or at least one) explaining the different hull types, quite a few effects are linked by type now, and I've no doubt more will come through in the future. Any volunteers?
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Bromstarzan
Dyson Forest

#3 Post by Bromstarzan »

yup, Mat, I realized the 's' needs to be left out from the link as I saw this in several places and understood it was a coding technique. That's fine, just wanted to highlight it in case it was a single typo.

I also realize that some texts are more or less placeholders and perhaps will be replaced/reworked when feature is set in stone. I'll keep my eyes open for more serious bugs.

Thanks for all the work, game is seriously fun!
| i7 7700K [email protected] | GTX 1080 Ti | RAM: 32GB | PSU: 750w | W10 x64 | 2xAcer1920x1080 |

em3
Vacuum Dragon

#4 Post by em3 »

https://github.com/mmoderau
[...] for Man has earned his right to hold this planet against all comers, by virtue of occasionally producing someone totally batshit insane. - Randall Munroe, title text to xkcd #556