Collective Thought Network and Fighters

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
Scara
Space Kraken

Collective Thought Network and Fighters

#1 Post by Scara »

Hello!

I guess I found two smallers issues for 2017-03-28.a7f5219

1. I was wondering why my Collective Thought Network won't kick in, then I found in the last row a value fitting CTN and labeled as "unknown"
CTN.jpg
CTN.jpg (51.88 KiB) Viewed 1411 times
2. If a fleet without fighters, gets ships added with fighterlaunchbays the fighters are not directly displayed in the fleet. I could only reproduce this by adding ONE launchbay ship to a fleet with other ships.
The fighters come to view when switching to a other fleet and back.
figthers.jpg
figthers.jpg (60.95 KiB) Viewed 1411 times
Thanks for all the impovements! The AI seems to became stronger and they now do system flybys 8) , Nice!

Has something changed in the battle retreating system??

Greetz

dbenage-cx
Programmer

Re: Collective Thought Network and Fighters

#2 Post by dbenage-cx »

Thanks for reports Scara, been a while since I built CTN so hopefully will find some time to look into it.

For the fleet window, everything is correct just by changing to another fleet and back?
(dev note: possibly prerender related if so)
Has something changed in the battle retreating system?
There was a recent issue/discussion in Issue #1237 (Monsters not being blockaded properly), which possibly changed from v0.4.6 if it was not working correctly before. What changes did you notice?
IIRC: Empire owned ships should only be able to retreat to the same system they arrived from, or to a system a friendly ship arrived from.
Any content posted should be considered licensed GNU GPL 2.0 and/or CC-BY-SA 3.0 as appropriate.

Scara
Space Kraken

#3 Post by Scara »

dbenage-cx wrote:For the fleet window, everything is correct just by changing to another fleet and back?
(dev note: possibly prerender related if so)
Yes. Sort of refresh problem seems logical. Pinned it some more...
So marking 2 of 3 ships of a fleet fighter ships and pulling them on a battlefleet without any fighters fails refreshing. Take the whole fighterfleet works. Adding single fighter ship works.
The problem seems to be, pulling out of a fleet, if the target fleet is not already displaying fighters.
dbenage-cx wrote:There was a recent issue/discussion in Issue #1237 (Monsters not being blockaded properly), which possibly changed from v0.4.6 if it was not working correctly before. What changes did you notice?
IIRC: Empire owned ships should only be able to retreat to the same system they arrived from, or to a system a friendly ship arrived from.
Well then, it seems all ok...
I also experienced monsters not being blocked, but in this version I could block monsters with a battlefleet. Didn't try to block with a pure fighter ship yet I think.
Other players aren't blocked on the escape route and the AI had a good try on my borders, retreating damaged ships for new ones, keeping me busy building comsats as I was back with fleet production.

LGM-Doyle
Programmer

#4 Post by LGM-Doyle »

Scara, thanks for reporting the fleet transfer of ships with fighters problem. I will look at it, try to replicate it and fix it.

LGM-Doyle
Programmer

#5 Post by LGM-Doyle »

Scara, I think that PR #1458 fixes the bug with dropping ships with fighters on fleets without fighters not updating the fleet icons.

If you compile from source, then you can try it. Otherwise, if it is merged it will be available with the weekly updates.

dbenage-cx
Programmer

#6 Post by dbenage-cx »

I've not been able to replicate the issue with CTN not displaying correctly in accounting info.
With ships moving near the building, it (correctly) is not listed, and resumes as soon as they clear the radius (or stop moving).
It is still being added in this case though, total without unknown is 134.1

Do you still have the save game?

Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

#7 Post by Dilvish »

what comes to mind is that it might be a ship not currently visible to the player, which was throwing off the CTN display. If there had been an enemy fleet, near the border of the CTN distance (200 uu I think), which was heading out of that area but there actual departure wound up being covered by an ion storm, or whatnot, so that the player's client would still register the ships/fleet as within range (albeit presumably showing scanlined on the MapWnd), so the player client would not list the CTN contribution on the meter, but if those ships had actually cleared out of the area, then the server would be adding in the CTN contribution and it would show up as "Unknown" on the meter detail list, consistent with at least the latter part the report here.
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0