Ship sizing on map

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

Starionx
Space Floater

Ship sizing on map

#1 Post by Starionx »

When zooming the map out/in, there is a threshold where the ship/monster icons change from 'informative' to 'general' i.e. zooming in, you can tell what type of ship is there (scout, troop, fighter etc), zooming out, they all look the same. I like zooming out as much as possible to have more of the visible map on screen. However, this means only being able to see the 'general' ship icons, which can be a little dicey when the neighbours aren't being all that neighbourly :lol: . Is there any chance of having the 'informative' icons available for a few more levels of zoom out?
In years gone past, screen resolution would be the limiting factor in creating meaningful icons, but I think we can mostly agree that this isn't an issue any more.

Thoughts?

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

Re: Ship sizing on map

#2 Post by Geoff the Medio »

In the options screen on the galaxy map page, I think there are options to control the thresholds...

Starionx
Space Floater

Re: Ship sizing on map

#3 Post by Starionx »

I had a look at that earlier, but it didn't seem to work. Having another play with it, I found there were a number of settings I had to change to get what I wanted.
Thanks Geoff. :D