For what's not in 'Top Priority Game Design'. Post your ideas, visions, suggestions for the game, rules, modifications, etc.
- Posts: 389
- Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:08 am
Looking for feedback on which direction others prefer for the articles of the form [Game - x], currently listed in the pedia index.
Categorizing them (PR #1428)
(currently marked invalid)
Keeping existing entries and prefixing ShipDesign articles (PR #1774)
- Moved these articles to a sub-category, removing [Game - ] from article titles (galaxy and game rules changed to [Settings - x]).
- Replaces function of graph menu icon to link with the above category, with a default hotkey Shift-F1.
- Adds default hotkey for graphs: F2.
- Changes title of Ship Designs and Monster Types to the form [Game - Ship Designs]
Geoff has stated a preference for retaining the articles in the top level for accessibility (paraphrased from comments on #1428).
To help alleviate that, Ouaz suggested
replacing the graph menu icon and setting hotkeys, this was appended to #1428.
While I'm partial to categorizing these articles, I have little objection to keeping the existing.
If not everyone in in agreement, I would opt for the simpler change in #1774
- Release Manager, Design
- Posts: 4686
- Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:56 pm
- Location: Sol III
dbenage-cx wrote:While I'm partial to categorizing these articles, I have little objection to keeping the existing.
That's pretty much my sentiment on the matter too.
- Dyson Forest
- Posts: 221
- Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:21 pm
- Location: France
I didn't change my mind, I would go for #1428.
This huge list of [Game - Data] stuff needs its own category, because it doesn't make sense in the pedia index as it is now (it clutters it).
About Geoff's comment that it would induce too much navigation clicks, I think the Graphs icon redirecting to the subcategory solves the problem. Still two clicks to reach the desired article. ^^
I release every updated file under the CC-BY-SA 3.0 license.
- Creative Contributor
- Posts: 3310
- Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:45 pm
I agree with Ouaz, the current clutter doesn't appeal, we should try to organise it better and make it more accessible.
Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.