Stealthy blockades and Imperial Stockpile?

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

Stealthy blockades and Imperial Stockpile?

#1 Post by Oberlus »

Check out the progression of the items in the building queue in the three images (turns 20, 21 and 22 of a game). BTW, don't look for the starlanes, it's the "Starlanes Everywhere" test mode of Geoff (there are many but not drawn in screen).

The thing is I have 1.16 PPs to dedicate to the shipyard in my first colony (10.5-9.33 from the human colony being built in my first outposted planet), and that is what the GUI is reporting me. Though hitting next turn won't show any progress in the shipyard when changing from turn 21 to 24 (i.e. it got PPs at the start of turns 21 and not again until the start of turn 25, that is when the human colony finishes), and nothing is being put into the IS so I really don't know where those 4 PPs have been put. There is another item in the list after the shipyard, an outpost ship being built at Miranda, but it gets no PPs instead of the shipyard, the PPs just banish.

So I have a few questions:

May I assume some monster I can't see is blockading Gamab gamma?

Should I suffer losses in supply chain when I can't see any problem with the supply chains?

If I suffer them anyway, should I be able to store into the IS what couldn't be delivered in time?

Have I found a bug?

I also attach the save file for that game on turn 20. I've loaded three times in different sessions and always do the same.
Attachments

[The extension sav has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

turn22.png
turn22.png (197.24 KiB) Viewed 1170 times
turn21.png
turn21.png (198.81 KiB) Viewed 1170 times
turn20.png
turn20.png (196.9 KiB) Viewed 1170 times

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

Re: Stealthy blockades and Imperial Stockpile?

#2 Post by Vezzra »

Hm, that indeed looks buggy to me... can you create an issue on github? Although there is a good chance that the "Starlanes everywhere" game option might be the cause for supply propagation not working as intended.

MatGB
Creative Contributor

#3 Post by MatGB »

Oberlus wrote: May I assume some monster I can't see is blockading Gamab gamma?
Probably, if it's only turn 20 there shouldn't be any that can (I was told to take them out until later :-( )—I'm on my laptop so can't load the savegame to check, try loading from the autosave the previous turn and put Super Testers on, it's one of the things they're there for.
Should I suffer losses in supply chain when I can't see any problem with the supply chains?
Yes, absolutely, stealthed stuff causes disruption you can't explain. I, personally, dislike even the very idea of starlanes everywhere so have never even tested with it, it will reduce visual clues for you which is a problem.
If I suffer them anyway, should I be able to store into the IS what couldn't be delivered in time?
Yes, that was part of the specific intent was it not, store stuff for later use? Plus, smuggling: we need a 'smugglers' tech to improve stockpile usage in blockaded systems ;-)
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

#4 Post by Geoff the Medio »

MatGB wrote:...try loading from the autosave the previous turn and put Super Testers on, it's one of the things they're there for.
The game has super testers disabled.

I'm wondering if there's a discrepancy in the costs of human colonies between the client and server... I can't make sense of the production queue logs.

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#5 Post by Oberlus »

I've had no time to play FO since this. I'll try it again once I get back to my PC. I'm planning to restart the same game (same settings and seed) with and without Super Testers enabled, and with and without Starlanes Everywhere (maybe change starlanes density to high for the regular mode), do exactly the same things when possible (I'll study first my autosaves of the original game) then post the logs if the situation arises again.