Tutorial in Italian language.

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

danieledel
Space Floater

Tutorial in Italian language.

#1 Post by danieledel »

Good morning,
I am an Italian who is realizing a small tutorial for FreeOrion game, in Italian. Surely I'll use this resource:
http://www.freeorion.org/index.php/V0.4 ... Play_Guide
but in my article I want to add a guide to alien races, where I find online races of FreeOrion? Since many people DO NOT know the English language these may not always refer to the information of the internal guide to the game. Many young people do not have patience and if they fail to win a few games otherwise they stop and move on to other games, so I would have instructions in English to win or fight well the first few games by beginners, I would try to make them available for Italians who start FreeOrion play. I can then give the links, I then slowly prepare everything in Italian? No data'm looking for a translation of the game in Italian (which already exists), but to make a well-made guide for those who want to start to play and knows only the Italian language.
Thank you and good evening.

Buongiorno,
sono un italiano che stà realizzando un piccolo tutorial per il gioco Freeorion, in lingua italiana. Utilizzerò sicuramente questa risorsa:
ma nel mio articolo voglio aggiungere anche una guida alle razze aliene, dove trovo online le razze di Freeorion? Siccome molta gente NON conosce la lingua inglese questi non possono consultare sempre delle informazioni della guida interna al gioco. Molti giovani non hanno pazienza e se non riescono a vincere qualche partita altrimenti smettono e passano ad altri videogame, quindi mi servirebbe avere istruzioni in inglese per vincere o combattere bene le prime partite da principianti, io cercherei di renderle disponibili per gli italiani che cominciano a giocare a Freeorion. Mi potete quindi dare dei link utili, io poi lentamente preparo il tutto in lingua italiana? Non stò cercando dati per una traduzione del gioco in italiano (che già esiste), ma di fare una guida ben fatta per chi vuole cominciare a giocarci e conosce solo la lingua italiana.
Grazie e buona serata.

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

Re: Tutorial in Italian language.

#2 Post by Vezzra »

AFAIK the only up-to-date description of the alien races of FreeOrion can be found in the in-game pedia. The only other place where you can find species descriptions is in the Story subforum. There you can find a lot of species suggestions/proposals, but not every race you'll find there has been included into the game. Also, the info found there might not be current. And not every species in the game has a thread/discussion on that forum.

So the only reliable and current info can be found in the pedia. This is what you should use as a basis for your translation.

Regarding the Italian translation: although a translation exists, it is probably horribly outdated. I've joined the project in 2011, and I can't remember anyone who has been working on the Italian translation since then. The only translation actively maintained currently is French.

danieledel
Space Floater

#3 Post by danieledel »

In Italy the FreeOrion game is not very common for speech problems (many begin to play, they can not complete a single game and give up), but if I can induce thousands of Italians to play then you would translations and everything will serve . Or maybe I'll put in place a translation into Italian of the game for your programmers, let's see how it will be my time. Good evening.

Ouaz
Dyson Forest

#4 Post by Ouaz »

Oh... it reminds me that I've planned to rewrite and update the french version of the online guide, which is incomplete and outdated.

If I create an account on the wiki page, I would be automatically granted to update the french page? (I started to work directly on the HTML file a few months ago -then I would have sent it to an administrator- but it was a little bit tedious that way and I stopped)
I release every updated file under the CC-BY-SA 3.0 license.

Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

#5 Post by Dilvish »

Ouaz wrote:If I create an account on the wiki page, I would be automatically granted to update the french page?
My recollection is that simply making an account may let you add to the comments for a page, but won't let you edit a page itself; you need to ask Geoff to give you edit rights. (But I have a vague memory I had to ask Geoff to make the account for me, so perhaps you can still take care of both in one swoop).
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0

danieledel
Space Floater

#6 Post by danieledel »

You could write a short English-speaking guide on how a novice player can easily win the first Test matches that starts on FreeOrion? I then I think to add it to the guide. Thank you and good evening.

danieledel
Space Floater

#7 Post by danieledel »

I've finished, here is the Italian language guide to start playing Freeorion:
http://ogigia.altervista.org/Sito/index ... 1493231008
As I pointed out in the article, it is a derivation from the Quick Play Guide, and NOT the official guide, it contains more images and information, including how to win the first matches.
Good evening.

danieledel
Space Floater

#8 Post by danieledel »

For the future version 0.4.7 you have a good updated Italian translation, or can I try to do something by taking the it.txt language file from the sources?

Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

#9 Post by Dilvish »

danieledel wrote:For the future version 0.4.7 you have a good updated Italian translation, or can I try to do something by taking the it.txt language file from the sources?
In our Translation Forum, it looks like the italian translation got at least a bit of attention, but I'm not really sure of its status. One of the threads in that forum is titled "Translation Guide" and I think also mentions some tools that could help you.

Please also get an account on our wiki so that you could put your italian starter guide there.
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0

LordStephen77
Space Krill

#10 Post by LordStephen77 »

danieledel wrote:Good morning,
I am an Italian who is realizing a small tutorial for FreeOrion game, in Italian. Surely I'll use this resource:
but in my article I want to add a guide to alien races, where I find online races of FreeOrion? Since many people DO NOT know the English language these may not always refer to the information of the internal guide to the game. Many young people do not have patience and if they fail to win a few games otherwise they stop and move on to other games, so I would have instructions in English to win or fight well the first few games by beginners, I would try to make them available for Italians who start FreeOrion play. I can then give the links, I then slowly prepare everything in Italian? No data'm looking for a translation of the game in Italian (which already exists), but to make a well-made guide for those who want to start to play and knows only the Italian language.
Thank you and good evening.

Buongiorno,
sono un italiano che stà realizzando un piccolo tutorial per il gioco Freeorion, in lingua italiana. Utilizzerò sicuramente questa risorsa:
ma nel mio articolo voglio aggiungere anche una guida alle razze aliene, dove trovo online le razze di Freeorion? Siccome molta gente NON conosce la lingua inglese questi non possono consultare sempre delle informazioni della guida interna al gioco. Molti giovani non hanno pazienza e se non riescono a vincere qualche partita altrimenti smettono e passano ad altri videogame, quindi mi servirebbe avere istruzioni in inglese per vincere o combattere bene le prime partite da principianti, io cercherei di renderle disponibili per gli italiani che cominciano a giocare a Freeorion. Mi potete quindi dare dei link utili, io poi lentamente preparo il tutto in lingua italiana? Non stò cercando dati per una traduzione del gioco in italiano (che già esiste), ma di fare una guida ben fatta per chi vuole cominciare a giocarci e conosce solo la lingua italiana.
Grazie e buona serata.

Che fortuna! Sono italiano anche io e attualmente mi occupo della traduzione completa in lingua italiana, e alcuni lavori grafici per il gioco. Contattami appena hai tempo, sarei molto felice di condividere con te la tua iniziativa. Posso darti informazioni tecniche e tutto ciò che serve per descrivere al meglio il tuo articolo :)

Sorry, I answered the user in Italian.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Github: https://github.com/LordStephen77

danieledel
Space Floater

#11 Post by danieledel »

I change url:
http://ogigia.altervista.org/Portale/ar ... -freeorion
Best regards.

Rispondo al connazionale qui sopra: ringrazio ma impegni imprevisti di vita reale mi hanno obbligato ad occuparmi di ben altro che i videogiochi. Mi scuso e ringrazio ancora. Buona giornata.

danieledel
Space Floater

#12 Post by danieledel »

Shocking, my Italian language guide to getting started playing Freeorion has been read almost 3,000 times: http://ogigia.altervista.org/Portale/ar ... -freeorion

Is there an online guide to the various Freeorion alien races, which I can link to in my guide on my site?
Thank you and good day.

Ophiuchus
Programmer

#13 Post by Ophiuchus »

danieledel wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 12:27 pm Is there an online guide to the various Freeorion alien races, which I can link to in my guide on my site?
Congrats. I am not aware of an alien race guide for freeorion.

Are you planning to update your guide for the 0.5 release?
Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Look, ma... four combat bouts!

danieledel
Space Floater

#14 Post by danieledel »

My life has become more difficult in recent years, I am less able to work on translations and guides. In fact, I wanted to do a complete Italian translation of Freeorion, but I had to give up on this and other things in my life. I'm sorry but I have to give up many things. I am consoled to think of the over 3,000 readers of my guide.
Have a good evening.