Clouds on Gas Giants and other Sly ideas

Creation, discussion, and balancing of game content such as techs, buildings, ship parts.

Moderators: Oberlus, Committer, Oberlus, Committer

Ophiuchus
Programmer

Re: Clouds on Gas Giants and other Sly ideas

#16 Post by Ophiuchus » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:40 am

Oberlus wrote:I think there is an error in the wiki:
I can't find any condition in GRO_SUBTER_HAB to limit its effect to good and adequate environments, plus the description says Subterranean Habitation affects all environments.
Jip, went one line to low.. should have been Gro_Planet_Ecol. Fixed it. Thank you for catching this
Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Furthermore, I propse... we should default to four combat rounds instead of three ...for the good of playerkind.

labgnome
Vacuum Dragon

Re: Clouds on Gas Giants and other Sly ideas

#17 Post by labgnome » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:18 am

So I don't know that having them as specials, or tying growth tot stealth is a good idea.

However I do think that having multiple gas-giant types, like with the regular planets, is probably a good idea if we are going to have gas-giant species. Otherwise their abundance is just way too high, especially combined with their size. Mind you I also think that variable sized gas giants are a good idea as well. Having a range of sizes that at least dipped down into the ranges of the other plants would nerf their inherent size-based bonus a bit. However that would be a much bigger project than what's currently going on.
All of my contributions should be considered released under creative commons attribution share-alike license, CC-BY-SA 3.0 for use in, by and with the Free Orion project.