No ghost sensor of the enemy ship that destroyed my scout

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

No ghost sensor of the enemy ship that destroyed my scout

#1 Post by Oberlus »

Playing last master version (compiled) as of this morning.

One of my scouts arrived to a previously unexplored (a "?" system). Combat issued with a gysache cruiser and the scout was destroyed. I know it is a gysache cruiser from the combat report (that only said it attaced the scout, 5 dmg, and the scout was destroyed), because the map does not show any ship or ghost sensor.

@devs: Should I expect a ghost sensor in that system after de combat?

In case this is relevant, I have just exited the game and can pack up auto-saves before and after the combat and all logs.

Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

Re: No ghost sensor of the enemy ship that destroyed my scou

#2 Post by Dilvish »

Oberlus wrote:@devs: Should I expect a ghost sensor in that system after de combat?
Yes you should. That's something I've started to look into before, but I'm not sure if I got around to opening an Issue on it. Please check if there is already an Issue open on github, and if not make one for it and include a savegame from the turn right before combat if that is available (since part of the fix may need to include some changes to during-combat visibility granting, not just display issues on the client UI).
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#3 Post by Oberlus »

I'll do as you say (autosaves must be there still, didn't start FO again), but next monday 'cause I'm out of home till then.

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#4 Post by Oberlus »

Can't start FO now to check things out. I think you just need to load turn 21 and press next turn, but I'm unsure if the scout that will be killed is already en route from turn 20 or the command must be issued there. To find out which scout will die and in which system you can load turn 22 and check the sitreps for the only combat that happened then.
Attachments
miss_ghost_sensor_after_combat_at_end_turn_21.zip
(2.93 MiB) Downloaded 91 times

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#5 Post by Oberlus »

This is still happening. In my new game with up to date FO (compiled), different settings, the same happened, a Frigate Ms (no stealth techs) has killed a scout of mine but there is no ghost sensor in the system where the combat ensued, to which my scout was arriving this turn.

Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

#6 Post by Dilvish »

reminder:
Dilvish wrote:Please check if there is already an Issue open on github, and if not make one for it and include a savegame from the turn right before combat if that is available (since part of the fix may need to include some changes to during-combat visibility granting, not just display issues on the client UI).
Oberlus wrote:I'll do as you say... but next monday 'cause I'm out of home till then.
Oberlus wrote:This is still happening.
Posting here to double check about whether something should be considered a problem or not is fine and good even, but once it's clear that there is a programming bug, the best way to help advance it towards resolution is to check if there is an existing github issue and either add to that or if there was not yet one then create one. Some of our posters here are not yet really ready to tackle an extra interface like github, but I think you are active enough to take that on.
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#7 Post by Oberlus »

Oh, sorry, I forgot about the github part and just posted the saves in here. Fixed.