Russian translate

Discuss, plan, and make Translations for FreeOrion
Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

Re: Russian translate

#46 Post by Geoff the Medio »

nikqz wrote:Hello
Updated the Russian translation to version 0.4.7, where almost everything is translated except for the description of the races
Could you please explicitly state that you release your contributions under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported license?

nikqz
Space Krill

#47 Post by nikqz »

Geoff the Medio wrote:
nikqz wrote:Hello
Updated the Russian translation to version 0.4.7, where almost everything is translated except for the description of the races
Could you please explicitly state that you release your contributions under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported license?
ок
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

#48 Post by Vezzra »

@nikqz, can you create a pull request with your changes for our github repo? That would make things easier for us.

nikqz
Space Krill

#49 Post by nikqz »

Vezzra wrote:@nikqz, can you create a pull request with your changes for our github repo? That would make things easier for us.
Unfortunately, I did not save the changed tag data
I used a program in which I compared the English text with incomplete Russian translation from the version of the game 0.4.7 and manually compared the lines of text. Untranslated or missing lines respectively translated and supplemented
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0

Cjkjvfnby
AI Contributor

#50 Post by Cjkjvfnby »

nikqz wrote:
Vezzra wrote:@nikqz, can you create a pull request with your changes for our github repo? That would make things easier for us.
Unfortunately, I did not save the changed tag data
I used a program in which I compared the English text with incomplete Russian translation from the version of the game 0.4.7 and manually compared the lines of text. Untranslated or missing lines respectively translated and supplemented
Do you have github account?

Bestary
Space Squid

#51 Post by Bestary »

Hello. Translated/checked 16 descriptions of races, corrected some orthography, punctuation and placeholders' problems (not all).

Sorry, don't understand how to make the pull request, never used GitHub before. Can you help me?

I accepting CC license. ^^
P.S. Please, call me by @ nickname or contact by e-mail if you want say something directly to me. ^^

o01eg
Programmer

#52 Post by o01eg »

Bestary wrote:Hello. Translated/checked 16 descriptions of races, corrected some orthography, punctuation and placeholders' problems (not all).

Sorry, don't understand how to make the pull request, never used GitHub before. Can you help me?

Hi, yes. Do you have experience with git without GitHub?

There is also GitHub Q&A thread http://www.freeorion.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=9366
Gentoo Linux x64, gcc-11.2, boost-1.78.0
Ubuntu Server 22.04 x64, gcc-12, boost-1.74.0
Welcome to the slow multiplayer game at freeorion-lt.dedyn.io.Version 2024-01-30.0dd6806.
Donations're welcome:BTC:bc1q007qldm6eppqcukewtfkfcj0naut9njj7audnm

Bestary
Space Squid

#53 Post by Bestary »

o01eg wrote:
Bestary wrote:Hello. Translated/checked 16 descriptions of races, corrected some orthography, punctuation and placeholders' problems (not all).

Hi, yes. Do you have experience with git without GitHub?

There is also GitHub Q&A thread http://www.freeorion.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=9366
Thanks, sorry, didn't know about this topic (newbie here). ^^

I had some experience in my home SVN (but not in Git). I clicked "new pull request" and was redirected here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1dmRS9 ... y-miEtPBN4

and can't understand what to do next. ^^' Git's terminology still some weird for me. Git not allowing me to do PR to the master, but allowing do this to others branches, but seems that I need exactly master branch.
P.S. Please, call me by @ nickname or contact by e-mail if you want say something directly to me. ^^

Bestary
Space Squid

#54 Post by Bestary »

Ouch... Felt that I already commited something. :facepalm:

Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

#55 Post by Dilvish »

Bestary, from the screenpic you posted, it looks like you are logged into github, with an account that shares the avatar that you use here, but
the first thing you need to do is make a github "fork" of the freeorion repository (which it doesn't look to me like you have done, at least, I can find no user named Bestary, nor anyone with that avatar, on our list of forks). You can make a fork by clicking on the "fork" button in the very upper right of pretty much any page of the freeorion/freeorion repo, such as that page you posted the screenshot from.

A github fork is your version of the repo hosted on github. Most people have their local git setup to point to freeorion/freeorion as the "upstream" remote and to point to your own fork as the "origin" remote.

It sounds like maybe you have locally cloned the freeorion/freeorion repo, and perhaps have made some commits to that, which is fine. Hopefully you made a new "branch" in your local repo to put those commits into instead of putting them in your 'master' branch, but that is a bit of cleanup that you can still easily do. So your next steps would be to make your fork, then tell your local git setup about your fork (i.e., add a new remote to it, pointing to your fork on github). Then (after reorganizing with a new branch for your commits if you hadn't already done that), push your new branch to origin (your github fork). Then you visit the github page for your fork and it will show a screen very similar to the one you posted a screenshot of, except that it will point out that you recently pushed a new branch and it will ask you if you would like to make a Pull Request for it.

Bestary
Space Squid

#56 Post by Bestary »

Dilvish wrote:Bestary, from the screenpic you posted, it looks like you are logged into github, with an account that shares the avatar that you use here, but
the first thing you need to do is make a github "fork" of the freeorion repository (which it doesn't look to me like you have done, at least, I can find no user named Bestary, nor anyone with that avatar, on our list of forks). You can make a fork by clicking on the "fork" button in the very upper right of pretty much any page of the freeorion/freeorion repo, such as that page you posted the screenshot from.

A github fork is your version of the repo hosted on github. Most people have their local git setup to point to freeorion/freeorion as the "upstream" remote and to point to your own fork as the "origin" remote.

It sounds like maybe you have locally cloned the freeorion/freeorion repo, and perhaps have made some commits to that, which is fine. Hopefully you made a new "branch" in your local repo to put those commits into instead of putting them in your 'master' branch, but that is a bit of cleanup that you can still easily do. So your next steps would be to make your fork, then tell your local git setup about your fork (i.e., add a new remote to it, pointing to your fork on github). Then (after reorganizing with a new branch for your commits if you hadn't already done that), push your new branch to origin (your github fork). Then you visit the github page for your fork and it will show a screen very similar to the one you posted a screenshot of, except that it will point out that you recently pushed a new branch and it will ask you if you would like to make a Pull Request for it.
Thanks so much, successfully created PR! *____* Now it became more clear for me.

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

#57 Post by Vezzra »

Bestary wrote:Thanks so much, successfully created PR!
As your first PR has been merged, I've added you to the credits under your nick "Bestary". If you are willing to provide your real name, I can add it to the credits too. Just post it here or PM me.

Cjkjvfnby
AI Contributor

#58 Post by Cjkjvfnby »

Vezzra wrote:
Bestary wrote:Thanks so much, successfully created PR!
As your first PR has been merged, I've added you to the credits under your nick "Bestary". If you are willing to provide your real name, I can add it to the credits too. Just post it here or PM me.
We have duplicated entries:

https://github.com/freeorion/freeorion/ ... s.xml#L142

https://github.com/freeorion/freeorion/ ... ru.txt#L10

May be we should have single place for credits. I think we don't need email anymore and can replace entry in translation files with link to the credits?

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

#59 Post by Vezzra »

Cjkjvfnby wrote:I think we don't need email anymore and can replace entry in translation files with link to the credits?
Sounds reasonable. However, I don't know why the various translators have been added to the head of the respective stringtable files to begin with, maybe there is a valid reason for them to be listed there too.

Anyone any idea how that policy came to be?

adrian_broher
Programmer

#60 Post by adrian_broher »

Vezzra wrote:Anyone any idea how that policy came to be?
Unwarranted pride and territory marking. soeinfachistdas.png
Resident code gremlin
Attached patches are released under GPL 2.0 or later.
Git author: Marcel Metz