Mysterious combat at a system

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
defaultuser
Juggernaut

Mysterious combat at a system

#1 Post by defaultuser »

I had a situation in my current game (you can see the version on the cap) where I noticed that the fleets weren't repairing at a recently conquered system. Not with drydock or self-repair. I'm up to Advanced Damage Control. I took a look at the sit rep, and it shows combat each time. The combat report doesn't say with whom. I have detection up to Omni scanner.

I've never seen this before. Any ideas?
FOc.jpg
FOc.jpg (224.92 KiB) Viewed 2171 times

Jaumito
Space Kraken
Location: Catalonia, France, Europe, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Virgo Cluster

Re: Mysterious combat at a system

#2 Post by Jaumito »

Nothing in Combat report ---> Log tab?

defaultuser
Juggernaut

#3 Post by defaultuser »

Didn't check that, and it stopped happening after a few more turns.

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#4 Post by Oberlus »

Got a save file of the turn when it was happening or later?

defaultuser
Juggernaut

#5 Post by defaultuser »

I thought I did, but apparently not.

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#6 Post by Oberlus »

Even a autosave of turn 1000 when the weird stuff happened on turn 244 would be enough, because (IIRC) the combat reports are included in the save file. You can load the game and go back (or forth) in the sitreps until the turn when that happened and check that combat log tab.

defaultuser
Juggernaut

#7 Post by defaultuser »

Oh, yeah. That would have been a good suggestion last evening before I started a new game.

defaultuser
Juggernaut

#8 Post by defaultuser »

I have had the same thing happen in a completely different game. The combat log doesn't show much. I have made a save file of this one.

See cap. Any ideas?

FOcbt.jpg
FOcbt.jpg (201.82 KiB) Viewed 2084 times

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#9 Post by Oberlus »

Get used to attach logs and a save file when making this kind of questions. Thus others can load the game and check stuff. Screenshots are rather underpowered for this.

It would have come handy to see have selected the Zora Gamma system for the screenshot.

If you keep any (auto)save from that game and you have SuperTesters enabled, you can load the save, do the SuperTester takeover and then have extra detection to see what's going on in there.

It certainly looks odd to me. If you are attacking a planet it should appear in the combat log (the shot, the "planet X was incapacitated", etc.). If you have omniscanner you should be able to detect any monster or stealth ship, including those pacific 5000-hp clouds that wander around conferring extra stealth to random colonies.

Jaumito
Space Kraken
Location: Catalonia, France, Europe, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Virgo Cluster

#10 Post by Jaumito »

It's the Trith. They get paranoid for no reason and keep shooting at shadows. Pick a different species next time :lol:

defaultuser
Juggernaut

#11 Post by defaultuser »

Oberlus wrote:Get used to attach logs and a save file when making this kind of questions. Thus others can load the game and check stuff. Screenshots are rather underpowered for this.
My experience in the past is that these are too large to upload. The logs are both larger than 4 MB, and the save file is 2 MB.
It would have come handy to see have selected the Zora Gamma system for the screenshot.
Why? The action is at Alpha.
If you keep any (auto)save from that game and you have SuperTesters enabled, you can load the save, do the SuperTester takeover and then have extra detection to see what's going on in there.
I'm not seeing anything different.
It certainly looks odd to me. If you are attacking a planet it should appear in the combat log (the shot, the "planet X was incapacitated", etc.). If you have omniscanner you should be able to detect any monster or stealth ship, including those pacific 5000-hp clouds that wander around conferring extra stealth to random colonies.
Yes, I agree it's odd. Quite possibly it's happening more frequently, but I just haven't noticed.

defaultuser
Juggernaut

#12 Post by defaultuser »

Jaumito wrote:It's the Trith. They get paranoid for no reason and keep shooting at shadows. Pick a different species next time :lol:
Not playing Trith. Conquering them. I started with Laenfa.

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#13 Post by Oberlus »

defaultuser wrote:My experience in the past is that these are too large to upload. The logs are both larger than 4 MB, and the save file is 2 MB.
So? Compress and upload each huge file separately so that no one exceeds the allowed size. I've never had to upload more than 3 zip files, usually only 1 if AI logs are not relevant.
defaultuser wrote:The action is at Alpha.
Doh!
Yes, I would definitively be more helpful with a save game to fiddle with.

defaultuser
Juggernaut

#14 Post by defaultuser »

freeoriond.log:
Attachments
freeoriond.zip
(325.12 KiB) Downloaded 100 times

defaultuser
Juggernaut

#15 Post by defaultuser »