Could not start repairs: one planet happiness 1 other 10

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

Could not start repairs: one planet happiness 1 other 10

#1 Post by Oberlus »

Playing 0.4.8 RC2, Windows 7.

I have a colony (asteroid belt with exobots) in Yoka Epsilon, an enemy has two more planets (they were mine, he took them some time ago). Each has its own basic shipyard and orbital drydock.
On turn 269 I take back one of the planets (the GG with Sly), and on next turn the invasion of the last planet completes.
So when turn 270 begins I have an exobot colony with happiness 10, an Sly colony with happines 1, and an Abaddoni colony with happines 0, all three with drydocks, and I get the message of no repair due to low happiness. Check image.
I would expect the exobot colony to fix my ships after combat (or not fix it due to combat last turn, if you prefer) but not to deny the repair because of unhappiness of the other colonies.

Got save if I should open an issue. After clicking next turn the no repair reports repeat.
Attachments
FO_couldnt_start_repairs_happiness_10_and_0.png
FO_couldnt_start_repairs_happiness_10_and_0.png (460.57 KiB) Viewed 1425 times

Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

Re: Could not start repairs: one planet happiness 1 other 10

#2 Post by Dilvish »

Oberlus wrote:Got save if I should open an issue. After clicking next turn the no repair reports repeat.
Or post a link to some file hosting site with the save file there, if you are uncertain enough that you don't want to post an Issue? I think you are experienced enough that if you think there is an error, then far more often than not there would be an actual error, and it is rather a waste of time for anyone to try to figure out what's going on without a save file when a save file could be readily available.
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#3 Post by Oberlus »

You're right, Dilvish. I will post things like this directly on github.
Issue open.
Edit: Oh, my, I'm sleepy. There is no orbital drydock in that colony!
Closing issue.

Ophiuchus
Programmer

#4 Post by Ophiuchus »

Oberlus wrote:You're right, Dilvish. I will post things like this directly on github.
Issue open.
Edit: Oh, my, I'm sleepy. There is no orbital drydock in that colony!
Closing issue.
What I sometimes do if i am surprised that i cant build a specific item - i toggle the build view to show the unbuildable items, scrooooll down to the item and get the explanation (i think via mouse over).
Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Look, ma... four combat bouts!