Save game button stuck in disabled state

Problems and solutions for installing or running FreeOrion, including discussion of bugs if needed before posting a bug report on GitHub. For problems building from source, post in Compile.

Moderator: Oberlus

duckstab
Space Krill

Save game button stuck in disabled state

#1 Post by duckstab »

I'm about 450 turns into my first real game (single player) and really enjoying it. However, I cannot save my game anymore because the button is always disabled.

Looking at the "Empires" window I can see that two of my opponents (one of whom I've completely eliminated) have the green checks indicating that they're still saving. However, if I restart and load an autosave or an earlier save from several turns back, it doesn't help. After a few seconds the green checks appear again and once again I can't save.

Windows 10 64 bit
FreeOrion v0.4.7.1 [build 2017-09-03.139ffd9] MSVC 2015

Log files attached.
Attachments
logs.zip
Logs
(61.01 KiB) Downloaded 187 times

Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

Re: Save game button stuck in disabled state

#2 Post by Dilvish »

duckstab wrote:...450 turns...two of my opponents (one of whom I've completely eliminated) have the green checks indicating that they're still saving. However, if I restart and load an autosave or an earlier save from several turns back, it doesn't help. After a few seconds the green checks appear again and once again I can't save.
The green checks indicate that they have finished entering any orders they have. It's the ones' who don't yet have green checks that are preventing you from saving (at least according to my recollection). At turn 450+, the turns can be pretty slow. In the future you might want to play smaller galaxies, and/or with a lower monster rate.
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0

duckstab
Space Krill

Re: Save game button stuck in disabled state

#3 Post by duckstab »

You're right, thanks!

Glad it was a false alarm. I don't mind waiting for a while for the AI to finish their turn, as long as I know what to expect.