0.4.8 RC3 feedback

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
raptor
Space Squid

0.4.8 RC3 feedback

#1 Post by raptor »

Hi,

It's been a while since I've played and I'm liking the 0.4.8 RC3 builds so far. I played a game and only noticed a few things:

- The imperial stockpile's explanation is incredibly wordy
- Spinal antimatter cannon does not get pilots bonus (probably intentional?)
- Solar hulls were nerfed? Or maybe just not that big of an improvement over basic titanic now.

I loved the auto-save-on-exit and general usability increases in the main menu and fleet menu. Plays great!

defaultuser
Juggernaut

Re: 0.4.8 RC3 feedback

#2 Post by defaultuser »

I don't think the cannon ever did. I think it was always a flat +100 or whatever to damage.

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

Re: 0.4.8 RC3 feedback

#3 Post by Oberlus »

raptor wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:29 amSolar hulls were nerfed? Or maybe just not that big of an improvement over basic titanic now.
Yes, they were nerfed (less slots). Currently, they are subpar against Titanic fleets of the same cost if using same tech levels and equipment. Only advantage over Titanic is their extra +40 speed, but in the end, Titanic 160 with Solar 200, not that relevant.