Warden Shield at Zero

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
UrshMost
Space Kraken

Warden Shield at Zero

#1 Post by UrshMost »

Build 2018-11-25

On my map there is a warden that has 0 shields, over multiple turns, even though everything indicates it should have 15 shields.

There are no molecular clouds or any other negative factors anywhere close, and when you hover over the shield value it only shows the +15 modifier from the blackshield part, but the shield values stick at zero, including 'this turn', 'predicted next turn' and 'change'.

Out of curiosity I researched blackshield, but it did not have any effect on the warden's shields.
Windows 10 64bit, AMD 8 Core, 16 GB
Nvidia GTX 670 @ 3240x1920
FreeOrion Build: Latest Windows Test Build

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

Re: Warden Shield at Zero

#2 Post by Oberlus »

Maybe you could open an issue at github, if you have the save files and a screenshot to attach, and maybe logs are also necessary.

defaultuser
Juggernaut

#3 Post by defaultuser »

Not the Warden, but I did see a case where a molecular cloud came through where a Maintenance ship was located. When the cloud cleared, its shields didn't come back. Unfortunately I didn't save anything from that game.

Morlic
AI Contributor

#4 Post by Morlic »

Thanks for the report, seems this is a bug introduced by moving meter growth from C++ into FOCS scripts. It is currently handled by species effects but monsters do not have a species. Bummer.

Github issue
Proposed Fix
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

#5 Post by Vezzra »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but IIRC that change (move meter growth into FOCS) went in pre-0.4.8. As that is a quite serious bug, it should be an candidate for a bugfix release - right? In that case, can you tag the issue/fix accordingly?

Morlic
AI Contributor

#6 Post by Morlic »

I added the cherry-pick for release label when I created the PR. If you prefer some other tagging, please let me know.
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

#7 Post by Vezzra »

Ah, ok. That's fine.